Recent content by cyrus104

1. C

Proxmox with aoc-s25g-b2s based on STH review

Disabling RoCE might be helpful. I ran into a known issues with the 6.5 kernel causing some kernel panics. I did install the 6.2 PVE kernel and while the card comes up it never populates in Proxmox or IP Link. [ 1.286682] bnxt_en 0000:01:00.0 eth0: Broadcom BCM57414 NetXtreme-E 10Gb/25Gb...
  2. C

Proxmox with aoc-s25g-b2s based on STH review

So I went with a Supermicro AOC-S25G-B2S for my small home Proxmox cluster based on the STH review for 25Gb cards and well... I should have gone with my gut and stuck with the AOC-S25G-I2S for the Intel version because Proxmox doesn't like the card. I'm working on a reboot and will post some...
  3. C

FS: AMD Epyc 7302P

Understood, I should have noted that I can be flexible on the price but want to make sure that the user knows it needs to go into a Dell.
  4. C

FS: AMD Epyc 7302P

AMD EPYC 7302P CPU, 3.0 GHz, 16,Core, 128 MB L3, Socket SP3, Rome, Microprocessor, P/N 100-000000049 This CPU was used for a couple of months in a Dell EMC server before an upgrade was needed with more cores. Please read this carefully, once an Epyc is used in a Dell it can only be used in a...
  5. C

Can you running Docker containers on VMware Tanzu

After running through some of the examples, I'm pretty amazed at how complex Tanzu is to setup and it requires a fair number of additional IP space on multiple subnets.
  6. C

[SOLVED] Ghost vSphere vswitch port group

The link you sent was a good start but didn't cover the issue. I was able to figure it out but I can't find anywhere that this is documented. It was a VM template that I had setup one time long ago. I went to the "VM Network" and it's not listed anywhere. Because the Content Library manages...
  7. C

This makes sense but I can't find any reference to this ghost "VM Network" or vm that is still connected to it.
  8. C

Yep On the ESXi side, I check all three hosts andunder networking and vswitch0 to see what groups were there and right now it's just the "management network" connected to a single physical interface. Nothing says "VM Network". On the vSphere side, I have checked every host and it does not...
  9. C

I've made sure to check in ever vm and can't see anywhere it does. I've checked esxcfg-vswitch and esxcli vm/network to see if it's referenced anywhere but no luck.
  10. C

Can you running Docker containers on VMware Tanzu

I know this post could go into the VMware section or kind of here because I'm really interested in using Docker containers from Docker Hub. I have a 3 host vSphere cluster that currently has 1 "larger" VM running Debian/Docker/Portainer on it with about a dozen containers running. With the...
  11. C

I am running ESXi / vSphere 7.0u1, I had a vswitch with 2 standard port groups. The first was Management Network (default had vmk0) and the second one I created was VMs for my VMs and I placed a VLAN ID tag on it. I have since learned from the community and used another interface for my VMs and...
  12. C

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

Thanks for the advice on iperf3, I'll lookup some of those threads to make sure I'm actually gettting the performance I'm expecting to get... or close. Ok, I've got a working dvswitch using the interface that was seeming to cause issues. I can see that the craziness will be how to have...
  13. C

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

1) Check - I'm leaving it on AutoNeg now. The SX6036 doesn't really do AutoNeg so I set it to a speed and then have see that vmware does pickup either 40Gbps or 56Gbps. 2) Yes, when I change vSwitch0 I have a management Network and a VM Network. I do have a dvSwitch right now for vMotion. 3) I...
  14. C

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

Thanks for highlighting this. I have 3 ESXi hosts each with a CX-3 dual port card. These are connected to an SX6036 switch that is in ethernet only mode right now, I didn't have much need for IB until I move on to play/testing that. All of the connections are made with Mellanox QSFP to QSFP FDR...
  15. C

CX3 with ESXi 7 & Windows Server 2019

The first sentence comes before the second. Even though the cards are detected, there is no data being passed over them. If I put them in a vswitch and remove one of my intel 10G vmnics as the standby no data gets passed. This was easiest for me to test when I the CX-3 on the vmk0 (management...