Recent content by csementuh

1. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I was on 8080. I did a test and flashed to the newest 8090 firmware first. No change, right away the switch started hammering DNS requests. I flashed the newest 8092 UFI image and POE firmware. Problem solved! I guess it was a bug that was fixed somewhere along the line? Or something haha...
  2. C

Thanks I'll update the firmware and see if it helps!
  3. C

Thanks for checking! I'm running FW 8080e like in your guide. Is the 8092d a newer version I should try? I didn't see any reference to it. My switch had been up for 180 days so I did reboot it. No change sadly. I really don't see how it's not the switch, considering I don't own anything else...
  4. C

fohdeesha, do you know of a way to get the most current part of the log file for "show sz logs"? It looks like I am only getting the beginning of the file and the current data is being truncated. I'm still seeing lots and lots of DNS hits from the switch. The rest of the info a few posts up...
  5. C

Thanks man, I appreciate you willing to help! My pihole reports this entry several times a minute: 2020-12-29 11:39:50 A sw-registrar.ruckuswireless.com utm.local Blocked (exact blacklist) IP (0.0ms) That shows coming from my Untangle box, which shows up like that since I use it for DHCP...
  6. C

Merry Christmas everyone! So I followed the instructions to disable it long ago but my 7250-48P is still trying to phone home to the swregistrar.brocade.com very often. I have it blocked in my pihole but I'd surely like to make it stop. Is there a tried and true way to make it stop for good...
  7. C

Thanks for the power talk guys. I'm happy enough with this 6450-24P. It sits in my office for now and will then get a 10G fiber link to my shop at some point. How many and what types of cameras do you have? The NAS should be irrelevant, most IP cams use like 4-8 mbps of bandwidth. If you want...
  8. C

FS: Brocade ICX 6450-48

Switch has sold today locally, thanks all! Still plenty on eBay these days. :-)
  9. C

Anyone have a set of rack ears they can sell me for a 7250? They're different than 64XX :-(
  10. C

This is only on the 64XX switch though right? On my 7250 I don't have to use dual-mode, it assumes default can pass untagged if tagged ports are specified for another VLAN, or at least it lets you set default VLAN as untagged. My 6450 won't do this and it forces you to set dual-mode by port...
  11. C

Anyone have an ICX 6450-24P they can sell me before I snag one off eBay? Edit, got impatient and bought one. :cool:
  12. C

FS: Brocade ICX 6450-48

Bump! Anyone need an awesome 10G switch cheaper than eBay prices?
  13. C

Anyone know how the power draw is on the ICX6430 models? 24P model perhaps. I have a 6450-48P with a blown POE board so I did an experiment. Unhooked the POE board and fans and the switch still draws 45-55 watts doing nothing. So not really wanting to leave that on 24/7 as a secondary switch...
  14. C

Thanks guys, I have some stuff to check out! I do have a ICX6450-24P with a bad POE board. I wonder if I could just pull the power or remove the POE board and get the same effect? Pull the power to the fans also and see if I can neuter it into the 6540-24 fanless model. That would be great!
  15. C

Ahh sorry, I should have been more clear, 10G is totally not needed, 1G is fine. I also don't need POE. I was hoping to find something for $100ish that would work. VLANs I def need. I guess if I give up LACP/LAG and CLI management I could even survive on some Netgear $35-50 switch with a web...