Recent content by cmpufxr

1. C

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

Thank you, this will definitely shorten my search.
  2. C

I am looking to adding a video card to each of my hosts for vmware. Just wondering if anyone knows which nvidia card will work in the C6220 and fit in the chassis.
  3. C

There is a setting in the bios to change the power on. Also just re-flash everything and you should be good. I flashed both my c6100 and c6220 straight to the latest firmware via dos without following any order. I did have to flash the BMC on a few nodes multiple time before it finally took. I...
  4. C

I have a c6220 v I, I have had it running esxi 5.5 6.0 and now 6.5 on all four nodes using vsan with the original BIOS for years. The issue I have is node 1 will only post so far and then I get a 0025 in the lower right side of a black screen. If I power down the chassis and hold the power...
  5. C

New SAN/NAS, ZFS OmniOS Napp-It Infiniband ESXI, horrible performance

You could, it is just software but the drives have to have the dell compellent firmware to work with the compellent software. or so i understand, I may be wrong. Latest firmware on the connectx 2 cards and the latest firmware on the connectx card
  6. C

The compellent controller is a supermicro system with scsi cards and a 16 bay SAS backplane. The sas backplane is powered but not connected so the drive bays do not work. The compellent software is loaded on a 4gb sata2 flash module. I removed the flash module and put a ssd drive in its place...
  7. C

I configure the connection via IB_SRPT with a ISCSI target that show up on ESXI as a SCSI.
  8. C

SAN/NAS Dell Compellent Controller Head 24GB ECC RAM 4x 4TB HSGT SAS Drives 9x WD 250GB RE3 SATA Drives 2x LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i 8-port RAID cards Mellanox MHQH29-XTC 40Gb/s Dual Port QFSP ConnectX ESXI HOST C6100 with 4 nodes 2 Processors 24GB ECC ram per node Dell/Mellanox 2port 40GB...
  9. C

LB4M Web interface

never mind, I ran all the tests in the diagnostic image and this switch is toast...
  10. C

LB4M Web interface

I can only access it via telnet or ssh, I have never been able to access the web UI even after a factory reset the switch.
  11. C

LB4M Web interface

I bought one of these on ebay and I could not enable the web interface so I configured it using the CLI. I would like to enable the web interface but I cannot seems to get it to work, I have tried using both the service port and the inband network. One think to note the javamode command in the...
  12. C

Advice for c6100 esxi home lab build out.

That's true, and sometime in the future when my interests are with storage devices I will most likely build something new, but right now I am concentrating on vSphere and VDI as that is the direction that my work is taking me.
  13. C

The way I have set this up is. I configured the C6100 with all four node running esxi, the top two nodes each have a 10 TB data-store(6 2tb drives raid 5 using the m5015 raid card each) , I use open-filer VMs to present two 2x 2 TB luns for shared storage(one from each datastore). All the hosts...
  14. C

As I was going to virtualize my Gateway/Firewall (pfsense) I have decided that I could just use that to route traffic to and from the infiniband and Ethernet networks.