Recent content by Chandla

1. C

Would like to build a novelty server for vintage game hosting and servers high thread count, low tdp

Looks nice but crazy expensive! In a couple years those are going to be amazing for exactly my use case. Lot's of threads, super low power.
  2. C

Would like to build a novelty server for vintage game hosting and servers high thread count, low tdp

i3-7350k? I unfortunately don't know how this will play out yet since I haven't gone down the path yet. Was hoping someone has a similar setup to offer advice. When you say C series, celeron?
  3. C

The VMs will be running but not really doing a whole lot. So not a bunch of concurrently used VMs. I would go "up to" Windows 2000. All running, but most not doing a whole lot of anything. Just would like to be able to remote into and have them do things like host rudimentary FTPs...
  4. C

So I'm struggling to wrap my head around this because the nature of moore's law combined with TDP makes this a lot more complex than I think I can understand and process. I'm interested in building out a machine to run a large number of VM images on that will be running at low workloads. So...
  5. C

For those that have built plex\storage servers that game on them as well!

I had a total change of heart today. The machine I was going to replace, I had bought an identical workstation rather than troubleshoot the problem as mobo, processor etc. As a bonus, it's a workstation I've grown attached to (Sun) because I'm a fan of vintage enterprise and other notable...
  6. C

So what's the trick with the P400? Because that's a couple ticks lower than the P2000. You can still pass the GTX right? As far as the driver limitation, that's what KVM gets around. The card doesn't even understand it's guest because KVM let's you spoof that. Since they're not really...
  7. C

See why you chose that card now ;) Video Encode and Decode GPU Support Matrix That's a nice little gem you got there. Not surprised they put an artificial floor there for the P2000. That might be a way better choice than the NVS if it's possible to do 4K daily browsing on it.
  8. C

A GTX can not, which is why I mentioned the NVS. That's Nvidia's productivity Quadro, 2D only. It's technically designed for "signage" machines, like booths and ad signs etc. But it has the Quadro license and 10 bit pipeline. A 3D Quadro is a ton of cash really to get something that you can...
  9. C

"Well if we let them use consumer grade graphics cards and operating systems on server chipsets, then why would they buy workstations? And if they bought half as many machines, then there would be half as many graphics cards and processors out in the market." -Person I do not like (Obviously...