Recent content by cammj

1. C

Buying second hand server grade SSD's, should I be concerned?

Thanks, I saw this - but for some reason I misread the 870's TBW and I mistakenly put the Samsung 870 evo on par with the S3520 - I read it again, and saw that the S3520 has almost double the TBW. Effectively, the S3520 would need to be written once over every day for it's TBW to be exceeded...
  2. C

Thanks all this has been super helpful.. Nothing on the drives is super critical to me that I would be super upset if the drive died. I take 4hrly proxmox backups on the drives anyway. I would mostly be annoyed that I spent $50-$100 only for it to just die on me. It sounds to be that's...
  3. C

Yeh, the issue is that the sellers for these types of drives seem to be selling so many of them that providing SMART details for one drive appears to be some kind of hassle that they're not wanting to go down for the price. I can't seem to find very good information on endurance for the drives...
  4. C

Hey STH! I am looking to move away from my Samsung 870 EVO's and in to the world of server grade 2.5" SATA SSDs. I noticed that eBay is full of these second hand but often they have little detail about how they were used/how old they are, so I am a little concerned about how degraded the memory...
  5. C

SuperMicro X11SCL-LN4F-O and consumer 8700k

@BlueFox noted - and no non ECC memory support it appears..
  6. C

SuperMicro X11SCL-LN4F-O and consumer 8700k

Does anyone know if the SuperMicro X11SCL-LN4F-O is compatible with consumer 8700k CPU? To explain my mentality here and why i'm going down this path, I already have the 8700k which i'm going to re-purpose in to a server, but I would like to get IPMI, which is why i'm looking for a server grade...