Recent content by brmiller

1. B

[US-WA] [FS] iStarUSA 2U short-depth case

*bump* Removed some sold stuff, added a new Dell server.
  2. B

[US-WA] [FS] iStarUSA 2U short-depth case

Generic (pretty sure it's iStarUSA) 2U short-depth case. With power-supply. Asking $20. Local pickup in Ridgefield, WA 98642 area - 30 minutes north of Portland, OR. I have two of these.
  3. B

Deals on soundproof rack enclosures for home setting?

@markballew is right - I should have taken more time to point this out - the studio racks are meant for studio gear, which means a) the generally only have mounting rails in the front (studio gear is lighter and not very deep) and b) the cooling is only set up for moderate heat-generation. 12U...
  4. B

Deals on soundproof rack enclosures for home setting?

If you can find one of these second hand locally, and want to have servers inside or near living areas, jump on it. I found a used IsoBox near me a few years ago and it has made all the difference. The company targets the digital audio processing’s market, so their regular units are shallower...
  5. B

Possible compromised forum?

Same. Much nicer on 8” tablet.
  6. B

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

Not the $100 deal we got before, but possibly still compelling: DFI DT122-BE 2nd Gen AMD Embedded R-Series Industrial Desktop Box PC 2.7GHz | eBay
  7. B

What is it worth? (A1SAi-2750F setup)

LXC/LXD is exactly what I run on one of these. Same host hosts a few QEMU/KVM clients - like the dodgy Win7 install I used to do my taxes on lol and keep around for Windows-only network detection clients of some older network hardware. I have a second C2xxx box that just sits as a fileserver...
  8. B

FS: Silent C2000 Server (A1SAi-2750f, 32gb, Akasa Case & 2 SSD)

This looks suspiciously like some of the first gen Antsle boxes, which I researched strongly before deciding rather to build an equivalent 1U version. Despite all the hassles with the Atom C2xxx bug, SM has fixed mine and I still enjoy good LXD performance out of them. Glad to see the passive...
  9. B

Short[ened?] rails for CSE-813?

Managed to solve my issue per this other thead: The MCP-290-00056-0N fit perfectly, which means I have a two sets of PT52L to get rid of. Thanks STH
  10. B

Short[ened?] rails for CSE-813?

Hi STH: I have a couple SuperMicro CSE-813M chassis with my C2xxx Avoton and Rangeley boards in. I thought I would finally get them properly racked (instead of sitting on top of another server by purchasing the CSE-PT52L rail kits that SM recommends. To my chagrin, they only adjust down to...
  11. B

WTB SuperMicro 1U outer rails

I need a set of MCP-290-00056-0N outer rails for a CSE-813M I just bought. Does anyone know where I can get them for cheap? Newegg/eBay/SM seem to rthe n $40-60 with shipping. Thanks.
  12. B

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

Roger that. Stock CPU fan is in 2U case in isolation box/rack in basement. No noise. :D. But I’m saving all these tips just the same—you never know when equipment gets recycled into different spaces!
  13. B

My Plan B was HTPC - after hearing the fan question/dilemma on this thread, I’m glad Plan A worked - moved MB to a 2U short depth case with a couple SSD and am building out for a new mail server. Got my 2 x 8GB SODIMMs the other day and all is well. Noise is not a problem with a larger case and...
  14. B

The problem I had was the audio riser stuck up too high for any of my on-hand 1U cases. The cpu fan didn’t have much room to intake either, but the audio tower made it a no-go. I have mine in a 2U case now and don’t have any of the loud fan issues you guys are talking about. Where are you...
  15. B

Honestly, I’ve been enjoying success with “Sticky Tack”, BlueStik, or similar sticky rubber adhesive material. I’ve used it to mount fans, SSDs when no chassis mount was available, and the random piece of child artwork (not in a server chassis, of course) without any loss of adhesion. If you...