Short[ened?] rails for CSE-813?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

brmiller

Jan 1, 2017
Hi STH:

I have a couple SuperMicro CSE-813M chassis with my C2xxx Avoton and Rangeley boards in. I thought I would finally get them properly racked (instead of sitting on top of another server by purchasing the CSE-PT52L rail kits that SM recommends. To my chagrin, they only adjust down to ~25”. My rack is a modified ISOBox with only 21.5” between the front and rear posts. Examining the SM outside rails, I can’t see any reasonable method to shorten them and retain proper functionality. Has anyone done this or have any ideas on how I might mount these CSE-813 in a shorter-depth 4-post arrangement?

Brendan

Reactions: royalj7

brmiller

Jan 1, 2017
Managed to solve my issue per this other thead:
I recently picked up a SYS-1019S-WR based on the SuperChassis 514-R407W and would like to get it mounted in my older Middle Atlantic short-depth audio rack which is only about 19" deep. [...] SuperMicro offers (MCP-290-00056-0N) is for 19"-26.4" racks (which should work), but is designed for square hole racks, not the threaded round hole racks.
The MCP-290-00056-0N fit perfectly, which means I have a two sets of PT52L to get rid of.

Thanks STH