Recent content by Breit

1. B

Supermicro Backplane BPN-SAS2-846EL1 Fan Control

Sorry for this late reply. I had this fan-wall made by a company called Schaeffer AG here in Germany. They have an easy to use CAD-like design tool (Front-Panel Designer) with which you can design the piece, choose the material and order it right away. They CNC-machine the part and ship it to...
  2. B

So you have the version with the CSE-PTJBOD-CB2 board, which does not have IPMI and thus can not report any vital system data (fan speed, power supply info, temperatures etc.). There is another power board available from supermicro which has it's own IPMI chip and a LAN interface for it which...
  3. B

Ah, I see. Since you have no mainboard, does the power distribution board in your JBOD case have an I²C connector? As I understand the documentation from Supermicro (allthough it is a bit vage about that), the I²C connector on this backplane is exactly for this purpose. Do you have the I²C from...
  4. B

To be honest, I completely gave up on the issue. This might be a bit off-topic, but I figured even if I could control the fan speed through the backplane, I still need to make the fan speed dependent on temperatures and that probably would not work anyways. So I decided to build my own solution...
  5. B

So I re-checked everything and figured that sesutil is only reporting fan speeds if the I²C cable is not connected. If I connect the cable, the fan speeds through sesutil says '0 rpm' and its status says 'Not Available'. It seems that the fan control is indeed handed over to the mainboard (or...
  6. B

OK, so I'm fiddling around with sesutil (FreeBSD) and am able to at least make the fan speed visible. When connecting one of the fans to the FAN_3 header on the backplane, this comes up in sesutil: Still nothing in IPMI though. No fan control either.
  7. B

This topic may have come up a few times, but I did not find a definitive answer, so here is my question: Is it possible to monitor (and control) fans hooked up to a BPN-SAS2-846EL1 backplane? I have a CSE-846 case with said backplane and a X9DRi-F mainboard installed. For the sake of quieter...
  8. B

If you have the TP-Link T1700G-28TQ switch...

Thanks for confirming that the V3 firmware is working on V1/V2 hardware too. I just flashed the V3 firmware to my V1 switch and averything seems to be working great so far.
  9. B

Supermicro PWS-721P-R1 PSU Fan speed control

Sorry for resurrecting this, but I tested this on a Supermicro CSE-747TQ chassis to no avail. Maybe there is something I overlooked? Or does this only work on the PWS-1K21P-1R and the PWS-721P-1R? I've got two sets of redundant PSUs for this chassis available, but neither of these PSUs responded...