If you have the TP-Link T1700G-28TQ switch...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
Nice spot!

The GUI certainly looks a bit more swish, but I suppose only time will tell if this includes the fix for the crash/hang... I see there's an impressive looking "L3 Features" up there on the top menu bar, but I assume there's no actual new features implemented that you've noticed (assuming you've been using the original switch for a while)?

Hakujou

Apr 28, 2019
Just flashed the v3 firmware on my v2 unit.
So far everything seems to work. It did not reset the configuration, despite what the configuration says.

I hope this will fix the bug of the v2 "stable" release (crashes probably due to memory leaks, wrong password half of the time on enable-admin when... there is no password required).

Reactions: compuguy

Breit

Apr 13, 2019
Thanks for confirming that the V3 firmware is working on V1/V2 hardware too. I just flashed the V3 firmware to my V1 switch and averything seems to be working great so far.

Jul 14, 2017
If I'm not having any issues with the V1 switch, is there any reason to install the v3 firmware? Does it offer any advantages?

i686

Feb 9, 2021
Anybody tested a 10G-T rj45 sfp + with this switch, I just got one off of eBay to have a play with some 10G at home. Recommendations would be gratefully receive.

compuguy

Aug 23, 2017
Anybody tested a 10G-T rj45 sfp + with this switch, I just got one off of eBay to have a play with some 10G at home. Recommendations would be gratefully receive.
I've been using the Mikrotik S+RJ10 with this switch without any issues for several years.

i686

Feb 9, 2021
I've been using the Mikrotik S+RJ10 with this switch without any issues for several years.
Thanks, I see those SFPs do the full range of speeds ( 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps, 2.5 Gbps, 5 Gbps, 10 Gbps ), do you know if they work at 2.5G in the TP link switch ?

i686

Feb 9, 2021
Hi all, old thread and been a few months since I last posted but though I would give a quick update on the switch and connectivity.

I have installed 2x10G SFP's a MM Cisco SR connecting to my QNAP server and more interestingly a H!fiber 10G SFP+ RJ45 Copper Transceiver(Cat6a/7, 30m) connecting to my PC. On the PC end I have a Sabrent USB 3.1 Gen1 to 5Gbps ethernet converter. The switch sees the connection as a 10G but the SFP negotiates at 5Gbps and works perfectly. So all in all about the best setup I can get as the ITX MB does not have a spare PCI slot. Transfer speeds top out at approx 350MBps. The SFP also negotiates 2.5Gbps & 1Gbps.

Issues, none to speak of, the copper 10G SFP gets warm/hot to the touch especially when its being hammered. The switch seems to be reliable, its on a UPS and has been up for 25 days, I'll report back once its over 70 days.

Overall, happy with the install, been after a >1G home setup for a few years now and think I've managed that on a reasonable budget. Switch £150 (eBay), copper SFP+ £50 (Amazon), 2 x Cisco 10G SR and 10M MM Fibre £50 (eBay), Sabrent USB to 5G Ethernet £65 (Amazon), blood sweat and tears un-measurable!