Recent content by Brady Webb

1. B

Need 10gb sfp+ transceivers

I've used the SFP-10G85-3M-BR. I can't speak as far as FCoE, but as a NIC, it's plug and play. I could be wrong here, but I believe that it the only things that matter on the SFP are the brand compatibility and speed, so I think that FCoE should work fine, the encapsulation is done on the card...
  2. B

Anyone heard of Interlogix switches?

I'd go for it, just because it's 1g and 10g, not expensive at all and would probably be fun to mess around with.
  3. B

Haha I meant so that I could review whatever model it was that you found. I wouldn't swipe that when you stated that you were interested in getting it. I'm just curious as to what some of their lineup is if there's anything not on their website.
  4. B

Do you have the link for it? At 100$, I would.
  5. B

I just looked them up... Kind of an interesting idea. They come off as physical-security-centric group but then they have networking infrastructure...
  6. B

Need 10gb sfp+ transceivers

I know your preference isn't fiberstore, but their transceivers work very well. I've used them in brocade 1020 cards, emc-8000b switches, a watchguard m440, as well as a number of netgear switches with 10g trunks. All work flawlessly.
  7. B

WTB: KVM W/ BNC

Yeah, Here's a picture of the actual switch:
  8. B

WTB: KVM W/ BNC

Hey Everyone, I have a request that might seem a little off. A while ago I had a monoprice KVM switch that had a BNC connector on it. I can't seem to find it in my usual places and I know the individuals here are incredibly knowledgeable, so if anyone has one, I would love to possibly purchase...
  9. B

Ciena 5140

My apologies bds1904, I misread what you wrote. Yeah I got it off of ebay, I thought you were talking about the power supply for it. I just got it as something to fiddle with.
  10. B

Ciena 5140

My boss got it from an older colleague who works for a WISP in southern california.
  11. B

Ciena 5140

Well both of you are a step up from me in your German skills. I managed to get into the thing, does it have a legitimate web UI or is it all CLI?
  12. B

Ciena 5140

Hey everyone, I just picked up a used Ciena 5140 off of ebay, was curious as to what experience everyone has had with Ciena, how easy their equipment is to use, all of that good stuff. Also, does anyone have default login credentials? Google-fu couldn't solve this one for me. Thanks everyone!
  13. B

pfSense virtualized and high availability

Well if your modem has multiple ethernet ports, you could always install another physical nic, then directly map the VNIC?
  14. B

pfSense virtualized and high availability

Just because your ISP gave you multiple IP's doesn't mean that your NIC has to use DHCP to get the address.... You'd manually enter whichever routable you chose to use, and if you need more devices using routable IPs, you could use a 1:1 NAT, configuring the other routable IPs as secondary IPs...
  15. B

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

That was my own fault.... I changed the VLAN ID and completely spaced on it. Card is up and operating at 10.o Gbps, so I'm happy with them.