Recent content by blandoon

1. B

ZFS ACL: user can create files but not read?

Agreed - after playing with it some more, I think the main limitation is that Owncloud won't play nice with an external storage share where it doesn't have access to read everything. Which means the other solution (moving files or changing rights post-creation) will have to do. Thanks for the...
  2. B

Definitely true - what I was hoping for was to just give the generic account minimal rights, and only grant more rights to others who login with their own credentials (different Owncloud login, with a different user account to access the external storage). For example, I tried just granting the...
  3. B

Thanks, I looked at that, but it appears to be something that you would add to an Owncloud app, which would require developing a whole new one... you're right that there may be another solution outside Owncloud and/or ZFS, but so far all I have found are things that get me about halfway there.
  4. B

I am trying to setup a SMB share (in napp-it registered version) to make available in Owncloud, so that a user can create files, but cannot read other files in that share/folder. This is to allow users to login to Owncloud with a generic account and upload files, but not download files that...
  5. B

Xeon D ESXi all-in-one "lab" build

Yeah, the board fit fine - the only exception is that the power cables to the fans don't reach as far as they need to (not too surprising, given the X10SDV is so much tinier than the ones the case was really designed for). This only affects the top- and bottom-most fan slots, which are...
  6. B

Hmmm, sorry to hear that - I've bought tons of stuff from them over the years and haven't been burned, yet. But never say never... regardless I'll put the drives through their paces before the Newegg warranty is up.
  7. B

It begins... I started buying hardware after making a few changes to the specs (see updated first post). I decided to go with the Supermicro SC743 case, which can be run as a tower or 4U rack, and when you factor in the PSU and the 8x3.5" hot-swap bays, is only a little pricier than the Fractal...
  8. B

Thanks - now that I search a bit more on eBay I'm leaning more toward Intel SSDs. Not sure my budget can accommodate several terabytes of them, sadly. But I'm also seeing factory refurb SAS disks for less than I thought, so those are looking more appealing. For now I'm probably going to stick...
  9. B

Build’s Name: Megalith Operating System/ Storage Platform: VMware ESXi CPU: Intel Xeon D-1537 (8 cores) Motherboard: Supermicro X10SDV-7TP4F (FlexATX) Chassis: SuperMicro SC743TQ-865B-SQ (tower/rack convertible) Drives: 1x OCZ RVD400-M22280-128G m.2 NVMe SSD (for ESXi boot) 2x Intel S3500...