Recent content by Biribiri

1. B

Issues with HBAs not recognizing drives

Hmm... yeah... I checked the cabling and I guess it is an issue with my backplane... Not very happy to get to this conclusion but at least I (hopefully) now know the issue. Thank you very much for your support during all this! I'll probably get a new backplane for my 846 and I did watch your...
  2. B

Okey so if I understood it correctly I just have to check the logs I already had with the command, but look specifically at the "scsi layer" logs. If that's the case than those are all the logs specifically from the scsi (and sd) layer. Doesn't seem like it's detecting the SAS expander...
  3. B

Checked today and it is a BPN-SAS2-846EL1 Backplane. It has 3 SAS connectors and in 2 of the 3 there are SAS cables plugged in, which directly go to a internal to external "Adapter", which then go directly to the HBA with 2 cables. For visual pics you can look at the EBay listing I also linked...
  4. B

Hello! Sorry if my post wasn't super clear but seems there is a small misunderstanding. The drives don't randomly drop while in use, the issue is that the HBA doesn't detect them on bootup and in the past it randomly detected them on some bootups, but didn't on others and currently it never...
  5. B

Hello, I didn't use the old PSU in the "new Server". It was a prebuild and I just left it in there, seems to be working fine though with no real issues. As for the JBOD, it has 2 redundand PSUs and its still the same ones. It also seems to be running without any issues really. Don't think the...
  6. B

Hello, I'm having issues with my HBA's not detecting any drives for months now and I have no idea how to fix the issue. I spend hours googling, asking on forums but sadly nothing worked yet. I hope someone here can give me some advice and help me solve this issue. This forum is my last idea...