Recent content by BeTeP

1. BeTeP

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

Semsotai is one of my favorite ebay sellers. I am well north of 200 units ordered from them. I bought mostly SATA SSDs and about 20 of those SAS3008 HBAs - not a single dud so far.
  2. BeTeP

AliExpress SAS3 SFF-8644\SFF-8643 cards?

The new old stock Supermicro ones are under $10 shipped in the US.
  3. BeTeP

CISCO UCS C240 M4 12LFF 2x E5-2680V4

That's literally what I just said.
  4. BeTeP

CISCO UCS C240 M4 12LFF 2x E5-2680V4

UCSC-MRAID12G and UCSC-SAS12GHBA are the same hardware. But at $15 shipped for the HBA I would not bother crossflashing.
  5. BeTeP

ZFS with Broadcom/LSI 3108 in JBOD mode

In my own servers. Before yesteryear's influx of dirt cheap Inspur branded adapters I was routinely buying used 3108 controllers at half price of 3008 ones and flashing them to IT mode.
  6. BeTeP

ZFS with Broadcom/LSI 3108 in JBOD mode

SAS3108 is no more "hardware raid" than SAS3008. As in it uses the same general compute cores for all its processing needs. And yes, it absolutely can run the same firmware as 3008.
  7. BeTeP

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

Remove the interposer from the tray and post pictures of both sides. Also check all other interposers you have to see if you have any that look different (diff PCB layout).
  8. BeTeP

Help to setup opnsense for ATT static IP block

for .64/29 routed block .71 is the broadcast address. Pick another address for the local gateway
  9. BeTeP

DIYable 8-16 slot 3.5" passive backplane w/ cage (into a 4u case)?

HP DL380eG8 12-Bay LFF Drive Cage Assy New 668307-001 684886-001 | eBay (no expander, my own preference) 2x LOT OF 6 651314-001 652320-001 HP SMART CARRIER TRAY FOR GEN8 LFF SAS SATA HDD | eBay
  10. BeTeP

Looking for Business computer replacement

You do you. All I was saying that for a long time there has been another way of connecting multiple monitors to a system which does not require matching number of video outputs.
  11. BeTeP

KTN-STL3 - drives, interposers, oh my?

have you read https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/emc-ktn-stl3-15-bay-chassis.23244
  12. BeTeP

Looking for Business computer replacement

To support multiple monitors on almost any system - get a monitor with MST and daisy-chain the rest.
  13. BeTeP

I want to build my own home lab, but i'm totally blind. Problem, I cannot modify any BIOS settings.

All major business PC vendors provide some version of "Client Management Tools" - a way to edit BIOS settings from within an operating system. For example https://developers.hp.com/hp-client-management/doc/Bios-and-Device...
  14. BeTeP

Guide for using Niagara 4.3 to set 12g speed in firmware limited HGST sas3 drives

This script does not change NLLR (negotiated logical link rate) directly. It changes PMALR (programmed maximum link rate) instead which affects the NLLR on the next enumeration. Also there is no need to change the values bit by bit. Just set the whole field with a single command: sdparm -t sas...