Recent content by bbqdt

1. B

Low power reasonably priced supermicro mb

The 50w limit is just me trying to significantly beat what I already have. I’m replacing a X9DRI-F in a 4u supermicro 36 bay enclosure I use for my nas. I have 2x E5-2648L v2 and 256g ram, but only run 1x cpu and 128g due to not needing more. I could probably reduce ram to 48g or less. My...
  2. B

Yes, something with a pci switch would probably solve the pci lane thing. I really need more than 4 cores, I have a bunch of docker containers and vm. The only thing that might make me consider a lower core count is if it has an intel igpu. Much of my cpu goes to video decoding for object...
  3. B

Bumping this, any new ideas on what I could get here? Still haven’t pulled the trigger. A x10sdv-7tp4f is basically exactly what I want, but at over $1k it is just silly priced.
  4. B

ok, x the 16x pcie :) Really just need to hook up a sas controller, 2+ nvme, a 25/40gbe nic, and possibly a couple of tpu. if it has a built in 10gbe I think that would be enough.
  5. B

I'm looking for a low power, reasonably priced, supermicro motherboard/processor. Looking for recommendations. Xeon d, atom, whatever. Would like to keep it under 50w total. And under 300$ with the cpu. It needs at least 1 or 2 8x pcie, bmc, and 6 cores. pcie v3 and ddr3 are fine.
  6. B

15.3 TB SAS 12G SSD for 750 USD

It seems likely that you can flash the firmware in the same way as described in this thread - https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/samsung-ssd-pm1643-3-8tb-sas-12gb-s-mz-ilt3t8a-2-5-289-98.32725/post-327010 It's just a question of getting the firmware. Maybe @soaringswine can get...
  7. B

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

There are several on eBay for ~$100. I got mine with brackets, hdds, and power brick for $85 obo on a $125 listing.
  8. B

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

FYI - The bmc web gui only works in ie9 compatibility mode with tls 1.0 enabled.
  9. B

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Could it be possible to flash the bmc and get console/vga? Anyone know how to try that?
  10. B

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

According to https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon E3-1125C v2.html - ECC supported: Yes The bios/mb could block/break it still, but seems likely that it would work.
  11. B

OOS WD Gold Enterprise-Class 1.92 TB U.2 SSD - $88.99

They will email you tomorrow saying one cannot be fulfilled. Cdw outlet listings are each one item.
  12. B

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Anyone else see the giant reply by an ebay seller explaining a bunch that got deleted? If your there please post it back, lots of good info.
  13. B

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Noo more… now I might have to buy one..
  14. B

Samsung SSD PM1643 3.8TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A 2.5" @ $289.98

They are samsung drives with netapp firmware. But I don’t really see a need to cross flash them. The netapp firmware seems to work fine. Only positive to going to Samsung might be better smart attributes.
  15. B

PCIE 3 x8 adapter for OCP 2.0 cards - $18

I just maxed out both directions on a 40gbit link, so that's incorrect.