Recent content by bash

1. bash

THE CHIA FARM

Because I promised. Trigger warning.
  2. bash

THE CHIA FARM

1 Your franken DC is impresive I will snap some pictures of the 1PB+ setup from our office.
  3. bash

EXPIRED HUH728080AL5200: $119.95

Any seller that states you can get a drive with health in the low 90's is to be avoided. You will be RMAing some of these drives its not if its when.
  4. bash

THE CHIA FARM

He is correct in most cases you will plot more staggering parallel plots using multiple NVME devices.
  5. bash

THE CHIA FARM

Do you have dates by chance. My current pending order is from 5/18 and ETA has been moved back a few times already.
  6. bash

THE CHIA FARM

If your ordering from shopBLT you might as well send Santa Claus an order. Both have about as good as a track record of delivering. You will get endless emails stating your *updated* ETA to their "warehouse". At least they don't charge your card like B&H and keep your money in limbo.
  7. bash

THE CHIA FARM

no. captalism.txt
  8. bash

THE CHIA FARM

Yes now people will be buying expensive RAM. LOL From my testing does not seem worth running out to buy ram for this plotter. The decrease in speed even on raid0 SAS or NVME is too good.
  9. bash

THE CHIA FARM

I was already plotting 250/day without this new plotter. Your available disk space will always be the bottleneck
  10. bash

THE CHIA FARM

Are you using a ramdisk for temp2? Or is 3 hours just using nvme's?
  11. bash

HGST He8 Ultrastar 8TB HUH728080AL5200 $82

Some of these drives get tested many times after they are decommissioned. You have some of the big dogs that have the ability to test and wipe like 1000+ drives at once. Any that don't pass most of the time are just destroyed but some of them will sell them in bulk for very cheap to people who...
  12. bash

im actually creating a new coin that works off of PoCPSU which works off a proof of case and PSU. I will drop my white paper soon.
  13. bash

chia mining 100% is the demand driver.
  14. bash

A bunch of these guys basically got boxed out of the ecosystem due to the increase in demand for these drives. They use to be able to get get ridiculous deals from the larger scrap companies for decent sized orders(in the 100's). Most of them are no longer really able to get a hold of what...
  15. bash

THE CHIA FARM

The netspace is calculated by how quickly blocks are discovered it is not an exact number. Stolen from reddit.