Recent content by ARAMP1

1. A

Supermicro 836 Caddy has steady Blue LED

The light is on with the drive in or out and the caddy in or out empty or loaded with a hard drive. The drive works fine and operates properly. I've moved the drives around...all the slots work. Other than the light being on, there's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm actually running...
  2. A

Supermicro 836 Caddy has steady Blue LED

I have a Supermicro 836 that has one caddy that has a steady blue light. I've tried searching for what this means, but can't seem to find it. [/url] It doesn't matter if the caddy has a hard drive in it or not, the blue light is on and steady. The backplane is a SAS2-836EL1. All other...
  3. A

Do quiet high pressure fans for a home server exist?

I did have a Harbor Freight brake that I used. I had this one for other projects, but they make benchtop ones that are under $50. I'm not really sure about the amount of airflow. I've taped off the backs of the empty drive cages (I think I have about 9 or 10 empties). This case is replacing...
  4. A

Do quiet high pressure fans for a home server exist?

I ended up bending a scrap piece of aluminum that I had. I drilled out the holes for the chassis mounting screws and the fans. I used 120mm Noctuas. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I'm going to do another Supermicro 4U server in the next couple weeks but I was thinking about 3D...
  5. A

My Home Network Is An Unorganized Mess...Please Help

Well, it's not unorganized, but it's semi-organized at best. I tinker with it, so it's grown and grown over the past couple years and I've just kind of added stuff here and there. I built a pfSense machine with 4 ethernet ports. One for WAN and one for my 192.168.1.X LAN. On the other two...
  6. A

10GbE Setup

I suppose if it's something that isn't cable of 10Gb connecting to the server, it'll connect through the switch just at 1Gb?
  7. A

10GbE Setup

I'm a networking noob and I'm just messing around with my home setup. I just bought a Netgear XS712T 12 port copper switch for fairly cheap. I have an Intel X540-T1 card in my main Windows 10 desktop and Chelsio T420-BT cards in my unRaid server and my FreeNAS server. I'm running pfSense and...
  8. A

Supermicro "-B" "-O" and other designations

I'm looking at getting an X10 motherboard for an upcoming build and I'm unable to find what the last designation means that are found on a lot of supermicro boards. Some have it, some don't. They look the same to me, but many times the prices are a little bit different. Anyone know?