Recent content by Antec

1. A

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Many thanks for this info! its exactly what I was after. Ive seen that card on Ali, my only concern was I wanted passive cooling How loud is the fan on the card? can it be heard over the CPU fan?
  2. A

hi all, im after a 4 port 2.5Gbe card for M720q, to be used for Opnsense in Proxmox, which is the go to card?
  3. A

Quad port 2.5G i226 Network Card - Which is the go to?

Thanks guys. This will be for Opnsense, is Realtek ok for this?
  4. A

Quad port 2.5G i226 Network Card - Which is the go to?

I need to fit a 4x 2.5G i226 Intel NIC into my Lenovo M720q Tiny PC for an upcoming project There doesnt seem to be many about Ive found this one: 4 port RJ45 PCI-E Network Card 2.5Gbps Intel I226 Gigabit Ethernet Controller PC | eBay Anyone know of any others? Thanks!
  5. A

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

I was close to buying one of these but opted for a Lenovo Tiny M720Q with a PCI card for Opnsense/Proxmox. I felt the lack of bios updates and documentation was enough to draw me to a mainstream unit, works great!
  6. A

pi-hole + opnsense + vpn on a single machine?

mainly for learning and snapshots, it worked well so keep with it its the Docker LXC from here: Proxmox VE Helper-Scripts | Scripts for Streamlining Your Homelab with Proxmox VE
  7. A

pi-hole + opnsense + vpn on a single machine?

the way I have it: Install proxmox bare metal install opnsense w/Unbound as a vm Install Portainer as a lxc and setup Adguard Home Primary docker Install Adguard Home Secondary as docker in Unraid Install Pi-VPN on a spare Pi for Wireguard a few more extra steps and other devices but I like...
  8. A

HP T730 8GB RAM 32GB Storage Thin Client

incase of any future google searches This card works fine in a T730: Dell Mellanox CX3 10Gb Dual Port Low Profile Network Card - Y3KKR - CK322A tested with pfsense 2.60 and drivers are already included in in this version.
  9. A

this works perfect 10Gb Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX312A-XCBT and as my pic above, you can just use the low profile pci bracket it comes with, it fits fine, does look a bit strange but does the job and is secure.
  10. A

Tiny P320, came with a P600 dGPU and riser prefitted. Spec: i5-7500T 16Gb 512GB nvme 10Gb Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX312A-XCBT 1x 10Gb DAC 1x 10GBASE-T SFP+ RJ45 Transceiver Module (FS.com SFP-10G-T) 3x Zyxel XGS1210-12 around the house running pfsense in Proxmox, internal temps around 41c...
  11. A

As im planning to use the P320 as a pfsense box, has anyone made a list of bios options to switch off for maximum power savings?
  12. A

thanks. wonder why the p320 isnt stated in the first post? Is it an older model ? I may just try using it with the low profile bracket. As long as it’s not going to just drop out I’m sure it will be fine. perfect. I’ve just upgraded the Firmware on the MCX312A in preparation.
  13. A

About to get a Tiny P320 with Quadro P600 gpu fitted, if i was to take the GPU out, would a Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX312A 10Gb card fit with the included riser at full speed? (to be used with pfsense) also, would this baffle work: Lenovo Tiny PCI-E Bracket by simbaja Thanks!
  14. A

HP T730 8GB RAM 32GB Storage Thin Client

thanks, yep my T730 i bought in 2019 and been riunning a Intel i340-T4 no issues what so ever, handles 1Gb no issues, thought id upgrade to 2.5gb/10gb and will see what the T730 can do. Hence the connectx3 purchase. if it gets too hot in the T730 (and it works), il look at other options.