Recent content by AndrewX192

1. A

PlinkUSA IPC-G252S?

Yes, I recently got a replacement IO window, but I've already moved on the SuperMicro SC523L I posted about in another thread. It looks like it should address the issue, but I don't have a motherboard that is ATX 12x9.5 to test in it (my ATX 12x10 does not fit). I plan to do some sort of cheap...
  2. A

SC523L-520b PWS-521-1H alternatives

The PWS-563 is not the correct width (76mm vs 100mm) and would leave a gap on the rear of the chassis. I believe only the PWS-505P-1H and PWS-601-1H are vailable options at 500+ watts according to the Power Supply Matrix. I prefer the PWS-441P-1H the most, as it's 80+ Platinum, supports SMBus...
  3. A

SC523L-520b PWS-521-1H alternatives

Yes, I have. I ended up purchasing 6 SC523L-520b for $125-$150/ea (deals thread link). I've only built out 2 of them so far, one with a SuperMicro X11SCH-f board, and the other with a X10SRL-f board. I believe the -SQ power supplies you're referring to are not designed for this chassis, so I've...
  4. A

WTB: PWS-441-1H or PWS-505P-1H

Looking for 3 power supplies that fit in a SuperMicro SC523L, either the PWS-441P-1H or PWS-505P-1H. I previously ruled out the PWS-351-1h and PWS-520-1h for being too noisy, but I've had good experience with the PWS-441-1H. Stock part list calls for a PWS-505P-1H, but haven't been able to find...
  5. A

SC523L-520B Chassis (X8DTL-if + 2X E5620, 12GB ram) on ebay (short-depth)

This one might be a deal if you need short-depth chassis, as that market is fairly small. I don't know how low you'll be able to negotiate for a single unit, but I've been able to get $150/ea for an order of two and $125/ea for four. Although this is still a fairly large price (a new...
  6. A

Custom mylar air shroud?

I purchased the materials locally at a TAP Plastics location in Seattle.
  7. A

Custom mylar air shroud?

Here’s what I’m using HDPE M/M Opaque Sheets : TAP Plastics
  8. A

WTB: Supermicro X11SSH or other m-atx c236 motherboard

I have a X11SSZ-f with 16GB of ram and a E3-1245v5 that I’m looking to sell, if that’s of interest to you. It’s currently listed up on eBay.
  9. A

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

I've recently done a few more builds with the NA-FC1 and asked Noctua if they can either make a smaller version or adjust the wiring to make it easier to fit in a server chassis. If this interests you as well, you might want to let them know. AFAIK, they're the only ones offering a PWM reducer...
  10. A

Custom mylar air shroud?

I ended up going to a plastics supplier and picking up a sheet of HDPE - I was able to bend this a lot easier than acrylic. Unfortunately they don't have mylar of a similar thickness, so this will probably be the best material I get for now. Here's my latest result:
  11. A

Custom mylar air shroud?

I think I can make a few edits to that prototype, but the material isn't exactly pleasant to work with. I'm thinking about picking up some polypropylene to test out next.
  12. A

Custom mylar air shroud?

I’m using very thin acrylic, and this about how far I’ve gotten
  13. A

Custom mylar air shroud?

Ok, I picked up some materials but it looks like I’d need some specialized tools to bend the materials - like a nichrome heating wire and a press. Are there other alternatives?
  14. A

Custom mylar air shroud?

I'm going to try 1/16" kydex, it seems closest to what I'm looking for.
  15. A

Custom mylar air shroud?

I have a SC523L that could benefit from better airflow management. While there are parts like the MCP-310-28012-0N, that is designed for a dual cpu system, whereas mine is single (and I also want to direct some cooling to NVMe SSDs and a few IO expansion cards). I was thinking about creating my...