Recent content by AlphaG

1. A

Supermicro 5019S-ML $131.99 + Shipping

I managed to place an order but no.confirmation and no charge on my card. Last time this happened with CDW I had to inquire about the order a week or two later. They just said “sorry that item is no longer available”.
  2. A

WD Elements external 10TB drive $159

In for 2. Again. Thanks!
  3. A

Are there 2.5GBase-T SFP+ modules?

It is a large house but two AP’s cover a majority. Just want more even coverage and some outdoor spill of Wi-Fi.
  4. A

If anyone is interested, Amazon has the 4x4 version of these listed for $199, but they are backordered. I bought some more to blanket the house in AX goodness. I have plenty of attic space to run wires for new AP locations. Any recommendations on how to determine e where to put these other than...
  5. A

Mine are up and running. After upgrading the switch/controller firmware, it was a piece of cake. Very fast 600Mbps speeds up close but drop off significantly with distance. Pretty good range though, subjectively.
  6. A

Gotcha. I didn’t realize power could be injected over a greater than 1Gbps copper line...
  7. A

I guess you plan on plugging these in for power rather than POE then. The Engenius switch/controllers might make configuration simpler, though for a couple switches probably not an issue. I’ve got to manage 5!
  8. A

Do these happen to be the Engenius EWS357AP or EWS377AP? I picked up a couple “demo” units after my Ruckus ZoneDirector 1100 died during a power outage. They’re coming in tomorrow. I needed an excuse to try something beyond 802.11n (Wi-Fi 4?). Other Enterprise gear seemed much more pricey.
  9. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Ok, sorry guys...
  10. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Or you could buy one premade for $12 shipped from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N0LMWGQ/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  11. A

Brocade ICX6450-C12-PD L3 PoE switch. Auction, no bids yet, ~2hrs remaining, starting: $105

The data sheet for the 6450 series states that stacking is not supported on the C models, in case that’s what you meant by “playing nice” with existing Brocade setups. It would have to be managed independently.
  12. A

Ruckus R600 Open Box $160 shipped

I’m happy with my setup, don’t get me wrong. Just contemplating upgrading to AC. Last I checked R700’s were still too much, but $100 would be doable. I need more than a couple.
  13. A

Ruckus R600 Open Box $160 shipped

I would jump on this if I didn't already have an older Ruckus ZD1100 with 7982's in place. The EOL ZD1100 doesn't support anything newer than the R700, and it seems the R600 is newer. Waiting for a deal like this on some R700's but by then I may be better off running newer AP's unleashed!
  14. A

[BACK IN STOCK 20190412] 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-14900R $29.99 OBO

Great deal, best I saw about 6m ago was $40-45 each!
  15. A

Best Buy WD 10TB w Flash Drive $169.99, now $159.99

That was it. Thanks! In for two...