Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
very cool.

what market are you in? US? Mind telling us where you got the CPU from?
Europe, Ingram Micro. Was available like 10 days after I ordered. Getting the SSD prooves to be more of an isue.

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
Europe, Ingram Micro. Was available like 10 days after I ordered. Getting the SSD prooves to be more of an isue.
Since they only sell to businesses, I’m assuming you placed the order through a business account?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Supply of EPYC is very tight. I have not confirmed this but I have had several in the industry tell me AMD has basically allocated all of its supply for EPYC in 2021. So buying a chip as an individual may remain difficult unless something changes.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
:rolleyes:

PS. I didn't say anything. Nada, Niente, Nichts, Norda, nothing....
It basically means that AMD and wholesalers like Ingram Micro rather not sell to us private/end-users because we're a very small minority, and AMD has contracts with hyperscalers for things like Epyc too.

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
It basically means that AMD and wholesalers like Ingram Micro rather not sell to us private/end-users because we're a very small minority, and AMD has contracts with hyperscalers for things like Epyc too.
I know what was meant. And I was snickering ;)

AlphaG

Jun 8, 2017
Supply of EPYC is very tight. I have not confirmed this but I have had several in the industry tell me AMD has basically allocated all of its supply for EPYC in 2021. So buying a chip as an individual may remain difficult unless something changes.
wow, that is pretty disappointing! Too bad I bought the RAM and motherboard already!