Recent content by aij

1. A

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

I finally got one of these X10QBI systems! :) I almost got one before the pandemic, and then prices went crazy, but better late than never. I put a single DIMM it in to get it to boot because I heard they are picky about memory, and it did boot but the fans seem to be running way too fast and...
  2. A

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVMe $69 with free shipping

And they're gone. Out of Stock / 11 sold
  3. A

Arista DCS-7050TX-64-F - eBay US

Really tempting considering the cost of SFP+ 10GBaseT transceivers... Any idea how much power these draw at (or near) idle? And how loud are they?
  4. A

Asus nvme nas with 6x 2tb solidigm for 800$ usd

Those SSDs are $70 a pop on Newegg, so that's like $420 worth of SSDs.
  5. A

40 Supermicro 3.5" tray for $50

I just bought some last week for $52 from a different seller. They arrived yesterday, very well packed, and I was surprised to find they included a bag of screws. https://www.ebay.com/itm/175627755981
  6. A

Lenovo thinkstation/nice server/workstation

5 available / 177 sold Not sure if a P520 is a step up or down from a Dell T7810, which I already have as a spare... I'd be much more interested in a P620.
  7. A

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

$42 is getting auto declined now.
  8. A

MICRON 1100 2TB 6G SFF for $59

Ugh, I really don't need more SSDs right now... How many should I buy?
  9. A

18 TB WD easystore - $250 new

WD - easystore 18TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive are on sale at BestBuy for $250 Model: WDBAMA0180HBK-NESN https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-18tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6427995.p?skuId=6427995 Limit seems to be 5 per buyer, but they're also available via ebay: WD -...
  10. A

Brocade 6610-24F + 24x 1gbe base-t transceiver + breakout - 95$

$94.99 + $93.28 shipping = $188.27 before taxes... Free local pickup from Rochester, New York though, so maybe a good deal for someone local.
  11. A

DEAD DEAL

I saw these in August, and wasn't sure if these were too good to be true. I took a chance on one and then they were sold out so I didn't post them. (same seller) Here's smart data after creating an encrypted ZFS pool, filling it with data, and running zfs scrub: [root@tobati:~]# smartctl -a...
  12. A

No longer available

Have you found them to work in anything other than an Gen8 HP Blade server? I got some 24GB DIMMs in the past and could not get them to work in any of my servers. (The ones I got were lower profile though. These tall ones look like they may be too tall for a blade.)
  13. A

Intel P3700 800GB - eBay $109 but takes offers

NVMe drives are still ~10x the cost of spinning rust. For small pools it makes sense. I'm writing this now on a system with a ZFS pool mirrored on two NVMe drives. :) But I also have a few 14TB drives, and many smaller drives in other systems, and the cost of NVMe makes it hard to justify...
  14. A

NetApp Flash Cache

The brilliant minds here have better things to do than reverse engineer a proprietary piece of hardware they don't even have. :P Though there's probably a few folks you could nerd snipe by sending them some cards to play with / use.
  15. A

Brocade ICX7400-1X40GQ vs ICX7000-1X40GQ

I'm wondering exactly the same thing right now... Did you figure it out?