Recent content by AGTDenton

1. A

MegaRAID SAS 9440-8i - 'Change Personality' RAID/NONE - [SOLVED]

I finally received and installed the additional controller into a different system. The other system displays exactly the same message, but this time I know no setting has been changed at all. I rebooted and the message remains and no changes were made, the temporary RAID I'd configured...
  2. A

Sorry losing my mind, I thought you were speaking generically with regards to rebooting rather than in relation to LSA :rolleyes:. Just upgraded to latest LSA (v008.002.016.000), and I concur, no reboot. :) But sadly no change in available options. I'll proceed with my plan & report back...
  3. A

Thanks, I see your point now. Does upgrading the LSA cause a reboot? I haven't needed to do it for such a long time. My plan is: Confirm all data backed up & accessible via alternate means Install the new controller to another PC & test this scenario Reboot server & see what the outcome is...
  4. A

Thanks, I think this will be the only option. I will need to dedicate some time, confirm everything is duplicated to the other controller and additional sources. While a reboot is not needed. It will inevitably happen at some point in the future. Especially as I'm about to add some roles &...
  5. A

Logged into LSI Storage Authority and on one of my controllers it displays the following: At the moment the RAID is functioning, but I am worried about what is going to happen upon the next reboot... There is nothing in the LSI Storage Authority manual regarding the NONE option, only...
  6. A

Removing CPU from motherboard and plastic cap

Once you remove the processor, keep the load plate up, place in the plastic cap (ILM cover) into the load plate so that it clips in, then lower the load plate. This video from Intel may help along with RolloZ170's post...
  7. A

Broadcom LSI Storage Authority (LSA) SMTP Error: 9100

Hi Guys I think I have actually solved my problem whilst writing this post. But someone may be able to provide a workaround so I'll post it anyway. Problem I am trying to setup Email alerts via SMTP within the LSI Storage Authority management software, but when using the 'Test Configuration'...