Recent content by adminmat

1. A

I only admin myself

I only admin myself
  2. A

How can I check SSD's TBW in ESXi?

I have an SSD mounted in an Dell Optiplex Micro running ESXi 6.7.0 with an Ubuntu VM. I just use a single SSD. I'd like to check the TBW of this SSD but the last mention I can find to do this in ESXi was in 2016. A tool on Virten.net that is no longer supported. I can't check SMART from Ubuntu...
  3. A

Help with adding storage to R720

Hi, I'd like to add some additional storage to an R720 LFF (8 bay). What is the most economical way to add additional storage. I understand the easiest way is to add a Dell PowerVault but I'd like to try to just add an LSI HBA to the R720 and expand off that's to a JBOD or DAS. I have some...
  4. A

Questions on updating iDRAC firmware safely (R720)

Good evening all. I picked up an R720 last month with an iDRAC7 active Enterprise license and would like to update the iDRAC firmware. The current firmware version is: 1.57.57 (Build 04), last updated Oct 2 09:17:51 2014 I see the latest version is: iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller v. 2.63.60.62...
  5. A

Possible good deal: 400GB Hp SATA SSD $29 shipped

Would this be compatible with a Dell R720? I just need one or two for VMs etc.
  6. A

WD Refurbished Drives

Would I be correct to assume these are much louder when operating than a non-Pro versions like Easystore drives?
  7. A

8TB Easystore USB HDDs @ BestBuy/eBay $120

Are you shucking? I hope it wasn't returned with a blue drive etc. May want to check.
  8. A

8TB Easystore USB HDDs @ BestBuy/eBay $120

Amex also has a promotion for $30 off $300 at best buy. I missed the 12TB drive. Hoping to get one as a parity drive for unraid.
  9. A

32GB DDR4-2666 RDIMMs $85 ea

Thanks, good to know. $75 for 32GB seems like a good deal. Do you know what they mean by "It is a TSV RDIMM memory. It cannot be mixed with regular RDIMMs!" I'll be replacing four 8GB sticks and not mixing this with anything but could this memory be an issue when adding more later on due to...
  10. A

32GB DDR4-2666 RDIMMs $85 ea

have we confirmed if this will work with Xeon E5-26xx V3?
  11. A

Supermicro X10 mATX board and Hyper 212 EVO?

OOooo... That laser cutter would be nice. I think you should definitely post your makes. Actually, one of the motivations behind setting up a storage server was to archive STL files from sites like Thingiverse, etc. Being that it may all disappear one day. And it's an incredible body of work...
  12. A

Thanks! What 3D printer do you use? Do you post your designs?
  13. A

@Markess Thanks for all the details. Funny enough I found out about the Asetek adapter today but saw that it was sold out. I'll write them and order one. Will be good to get in case they stop making them. Thanks for the heads up on that. This afternoon I went ahead and ordered a Noctua NH-U12DX...
  14. A

Anyone happen to know if the Supermicro X10 boards in Micro-ATX are compatible with a Hyper 212 EVO cooler? Fit wise. Specifically the X10SRM-TF. I'm aware of the PWM fan issues. I'm just concerned with fit. (I have this cooler already so hopefully it fits) X10SRM-TF | Motherboards |...
  15. A

Will this work to connect my JBODs?

Nice enclosure but only takes 2.5" drives. I have 3.5" shucked 10TB HDDs