Recent content by acquacow

1. acquacow

Netgear ProSAFE XS708T

For S&Gs, I decided to also update my Netgear S3300-28X from 6.6.0.14 to 6.6.2.25. Same update process, but the switch didn't come back after reboot. I had to go hard power-cycle it before it came up on the new firmware. Looks like I'm not alone...
  2. acquacow

Netgear ProSAFE XS708T

Well, I selected and told it to "download" the new firmware from the file I gave it... and it's just sitting at this screen.. not sure if it's updating or not... Edit: Oh wait... it can't ingest a .zip file like a normal product... I have to unzip it and feed it a file inside... one sec...
  3. acquacow

Netgear ProSAFE XS708T

Hmm, I'm still on 6.6.3.3, I should try to update and post my results. Edit: So I can't update the firmware directly via the webpage? And the updater requires adobe Air? Really!?
  4. acquacow

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Well, they were open-sourcing the hardware, there was never any plan to open source the driver/firmware.
  5. acquacow

You'd have to do some digging, but we open sourced the design of one of our cards as part of the opencompute project... so something is out there... I think it was for a gen2 ioscale card. Edit...
  6. acquacow

I don't have time to pull all the docs, but you might be able to load the VSL driver in minimal mode and re-flash it that way.
  7. acquacow

How to access expansion slots on this supermicro chassis?

Looks like one to the right of the word "RELEASE" and there are probably 2-3 screws on the back of the case that screw into the bracket, possibly some on the side of the case as well, probably where those arrow stickers are on the corners of the bracket. -- Dave
  8. acquacow

What about VirtualBox?

You're on linux, use KVM like everyone else.
  9. acquacow

How to access expansion slots on this supermicro chassis?

Also, it's a supermicro chassis, so you probably have to unscew a few things to get the cage out... they aren't always quick release like dell/etc.
  10. acquacow

Hmm, all of that looks fine... How are you testing read speeds? Do you have any output from a fio benchmark on each device you can share? Thanks, -- Dave
  11. acquacow

Is that the full status? Dump "fio-status -a" as well as "fio-pci-check" fio-pci-check will dump the pci-e tree and show you the link of each slot and all the switches between it and the CPU. You may have the 2nd card behind the PCH in a slot that is sharing bandwidth with networking/etc...
  12. acquacow

mdadm + whitelabel drives losing superblock

mdadm doesn't care about partitioning. Been using mdadm in production arrays w/o any partitioning for over 10 years. You've created an mdadm config file as well I hope ala: mdadm --detail --scan > /etc/mdadm.conf I'd definitely be looking at the drives. I usually just throw raw block devices...
  13. acquacow

HP T730 Thin Client $89 + 11.95 SH

Read the whole listing. "4 or more for $89.10/ea"
  14. acquacow

and again the china and supermicro bashing continues by bloomberg

Original story is here: China Used a Tiny Chip in a Hack That Infiltrated U.S. Companies Other stories by Michael Riley: Michael Riley - Bloomberg Other stories by Jordan Robertson: Jordan Robertson - Bloomberg China seems to be their thing... Supermicro is down 7% already.
  15. acquacow

and again the china and supermicro bashing continues by bloomberg

By Jordan Robertson and Michael Riley... both this and the original 2018 hit piece against supermicro... How do these guys even still have a job there?