Recent content by acquacow

1. acquacow

What SSDs to replace SM863s?

I also have a stack of sm863s, 20+ between my TrueNAS and proxmox nodes. I have some with 1700 write cycles on them. Not worried. How many full write cycles are you seeing your failures at?
  2. acquacow

Looking for mini proxmox pc sub $250 with dual nic

At that price, you could grab some xeon-d 1U nodes with 4-6 cores and some DRAM off ebay.
  3. acquacow

Proxmox Ceph and ECC vs non ECC

If you want your data to arrive at your storage layer uncorrupted, ECC.
  4. acquacow

10gb network only getting 2.5gb on windows

start/run gpedit.msc Local computer policy > Computer configuration > Windows settings > Right click Policy-based QoS > Advanced QoS Settings > Inbound TCP Traffic > Specify inbound TCP throughput level > Level 3 And then adjust all of your 10gig NIC hardware options for max perf on both...
  5. acquacow

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

I had a 60mph storm come through the other night so all my hardware is still powered down... but there is a flag you can throw at fio-status and you can specify a variable to display a value for. I think you can specify optrom stuff and get info back from that. I think it's -k or -K or -F for...
  6. acquacow

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

So I tried a few different things for 1U with my 1541 just using some card stock and the noctuas. Having two pull air through the heatsink with a cardstock shroud still brought the CPU up to 90C under heavy loads. 3 fans and a cardstock duct finally had enough airflow to cap loads out at 80C.
  7. acquacow

Read X570 chipset temperature in Linux?

Did you run the sensors detect command and let it scan the bus for all readable sensors?
  8. acquacow

Ideally... though you may run into some kernel changes that break the build/etc from time to time.
  9. acquacow

Possibly. Install all the build packages/tools and clone the remixvsl github and see if you can build it.
  10. acquacow

Wasmachineman's Water Cooling Adventures

That's like how iCUE kept causing pubg lockups since they used battleye as their anti-cheat. As soon as battleye would randomly scan iCUE during gameplay, everything hard locked =P Took me about a year to figure it out =P
  11. acquacow

MiniMicroTiny

Something like the Minisforum EM680?
  12. acquacow

Socket 2011 square & narrow ILM active cooling solutions

Why not just run a narrow ILM Noctua cooler like this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1JGFA0/ If your case is wide enough, you can run one of these as well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DWFQ42I/ I use these on all my X9 and X10 supermicro boards without any issues.
  13. acquacow

Consumer boards? More SATA! (Please assist selecting a controller)

If you just want more sata, get one of these $50 LSI clones off amazon and have a field day. I have a few of these in my lab the last 10 years and they are quite popular in the FreeNAS/UnRaid/Proxmox community. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C2YMJHY3 I avoid raid in this day and age of...
  14. acquacow

Installing Fusion-io ioDrives on Proxmox VE 3.4 Debian Wheezy

Just bumping this up since I have VSL 4.x working in the latest proxmox 8.1 with no issues. I didn't take exact notes, but reconstructing some of the fiddling in my bash history, this was the rough proces: ### Fusion-io install apt-get install git make gcc dkms fakeroot build-essential...