Recent content by acquacow

1. acquacow

Best way to shutdown a DAS...

Stop all apps that are reading/writing to the DAS Do a filesystem sync Unmount filesystems on DAS Shutdown server Power down DAS Windows should do all of this for you.
  2. acquacow

Battery backup for Fios ONT (Xtreme Power Conversion J60)

The problem in my neighborhood is that the FIOS for the whole neighborhood goes dark 20mins after an outage, so doesn't matter what I do for battery backup, lol!
  3. acquacow

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

ASICs were developed and ready to go. It wasn't nvme, but basically the same difference, but optimized for our architecture. Had bios level support and the card worked without drivers at a basic level. As for host CPU/memory usage, that's the fastest core and memory in the system. Beats a...
  4. acquacow

What if I told you all of that engineering was already done, but it was all just killed in favor of other products?
  5. acquacow

1Gb Switches with 10Gb Uplinks?

I went all netgear with my stack. The S3300 has RJ45 and SFP uplinks that are 10gig... So one goes to my 10gig switch just above it.
  6. acquacow

ioDrive and ioDrive2 both use up to the latest VSL 3.x.x and cannot use VSL 4.x.x ioDrive3 aka SX/PX 300/350/600 are all VSL 4 cards and cannot use VSL3 or earlier. Glad you're all up and running! -- Dave
  7. acquacow

You're fine with 3.2.15 windows... I think the 3.2.16 firmware is the same, there was just a driver update for linux for the RHEL 7.5 or 7.6 kernel... some io elevator change...
  8. acquacow

You may want to link the steps I put up, plus the driver/firmware compatibility table: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/fusion-io-iodrive-2-1-2tb-reference-page.11287/page-15#post-242862...
  9. acquacow

If you don't care about the data on the card, you can just jump to the latest driver/firmware combo (for vsl3) and do a fio-format on the card.
  10. acquacow

He can't use VSL4 with a gen1 card though.
  11. acquacow

That's an old gen 1 ioDrive This is the section in the VSL3.x driver that matches it (From the 3.2.16 firmware on SanDisk's site). [002141021] version = 7.1.17.116786 file = gen1_39_green_mono_fusion_7.1.17.116786.bin format = bin ecc = 39b avrversion = 65793 avrfile = iomono_avr_65793.bin...
  12. acquacow

Yeah, that's where all the intellectual property lies... that isn't going to be opened up.
  13. acquacow

The original plan was to be able to mix and match VSL 3.x and 4.x devices, but it never happened... too much code change. You can pass one through to a VM and have both in the same host if you want though.
  14. acquacow

how to direct connect NAS to my PC?

Is the NAS brand new and out of the box? If so, refer to the manufacturer's instructions for IP setup. If not, refer to manufacturer's instructions for resetting the network config. You'll have 3 IPs total. 1 for your wifi on the laptop 1 for the hard-wired network port on your laptop 1 for the...
  15. acquacow

how to direct connect NAS to my PC?

Does the NAS already have an IP on it? Your laptop is already 10.0.0.64 on wifi, You need to find out if the NAS already has an IP address assigned statically, and if so, set an IP for your physical ethernet device to be in that same subnet eg: if the NAS is 192.168.0.1, set your laptop to...