EU Supermicro 847 36 bay chassis with board, HBAs, NIC, etc - £350

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
I actually like the branding hehe.. the silver looks way better than the black.
Guess it looks odd when it`s next to two 826 ... Just counted, should have enough black ones left to fix this ....

I'm still on the fence.. that's €2000,- of expenses in 1 month hehe
same same ... should stop watching here and start selling what`s left from juggling with parts ...

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
Guess it looks odd when it`s next to two 826 ... Just counted, should have enough black ones left to fix this ....

same same ... should stop watching here and start selling what`s left from juggling with parts ...
Haha June will be fun, lots of new stuff coming in.... just have to find something to dampen the sound of the computer room. + 60+36 bays and only 4 drives (sold 12) xD

- Bought the Silver caddy one a few minutes ago.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
Also asked for the silver-caddies and rails.
I`m also lacking disks, 6 should hopefully arrive from U.S. this week ...
For sure won't populate this soon.
There will be some unused U in the colo, so it`s more about having options at hand when needed.

Rahvin9999

Jan 14, 2016
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Haha June will be fun, lots of new stuff coming in.... just have to find something to dampen the sound of the computer room. + 60+36 bays and only 4 drives (sold 12) xD

- Bought the Silver caddy one a few minutes ago.
Haha, your 60 Bay HGST will not be a problem. Bought one, Its a lot quieter than an SC847 even with the fans set to optimal on a supermicro board! I'm contemplating selling my SC847's and just getting a second HGST 60 bay

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
Haha, your 60 Bay HGST will not be a problem. Bought one, Its a lot quieter than an SC847 even with the fans set to optimal on a supermicro board! I'm contemplating selling my SC847's and just getting a second HGST 60 bay
Sounds like a jet engine at startup lol... goes down if u wait a minute or 2 but I wouldn't call it quiet :p

My Define R5 housing my X10DRL-i with Noctua fans and tweaked ipmi settings is quiet :)

Probably have to change the highs on that 847 - but don't think I can on the HGST

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
Seller PM'd me after bringing the item down to ship:

- It doesn't have caddies
- It doesn't have rack rails

ieek hmm... refund or keep

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
wow, Bummer!
Caddies + rails can come to € 300.- or even more.

I just got confirmed the item is 'silver' ...
I will ask again to make sure it has caddies + rails before making payment.

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
Yes, exactly ... assumed they ship with caddies, otherwise i`ll cancel.
Yeah, hmmm I ordered Silver but got a reply it had no caddies/rails. Asked if she had black caddies (could trade them for the silver if ur interested) - but will have to wait for an reply.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
well, ok ... she just confirmed me 'it is silver' - hope she referred the caddies and not the surface of the case....

There was also an accessories box pictured, i`d also ask if this is included, contains lots of useful stuff !

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
well, ok ... she just confirmed me 'it is silver' - hope she referred the caddies and not the surface of the case....

There was also an accessories box pictured, i`d also ask if this is included, contains lots of useful stuff !
  • No rails
  • No accessories box
No discount, and no silver trays... can still get black caddies but no rails ... that makes the deal slightly worse ; (

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
Hm, that`s mad.
I got confirmation i get silver-trays, rails and accessories box on mine.

No discount is not fair, especially for the missing rails.
Guess they realized what price they can get, all prices up now to 950 Pound BO for the 836 / 846 and 847 :(

If you don't cancel i still offer a trade for the silver caddies.

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
Hm, that`s mad.
I got confirmation i get silver-trays, rails and accessories box on mine.

No discount is not fair, especially for the missing rails.
Guess they realized what price they can get, all prices up now to 950 Pound BO for the 836 / 846 and 847 :(

If you don't cancel i still offer a trade for the silver caddies.
Hehe lucky you... i get neither hehe.

Told her to keep the order and send me the black one, will PM u for the trade once I receive my item.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
Still good price, but i`d try to ask if she can't pick rails from one of the boxes left for sale and put in your`s ;)

If you want 2nd CPU changes are i have some laying around. Depends on what exactly is in the build.
Let`s PM when the units arrived...

Mirabis

Mar 18, 2016
Still good price, but i`d try to ask if she can't pick rails from one of the boxes left for sale and put in your`s ;)

If you want 2nd CPU changes are i have some laying around. Depends on what exactly is in the build.
Let`s PM when the units arrived...
I will probably sell all the internals, as I'm moving my tower into a rack unit - and have a 2011 board and Dual E5-2650 v3's that will go into it. I'll probably receive this item friday or next week monday - will pm then.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
I will probably sell all the internals
I also consider to do so, at least for the network-card there is no use, need to replace with IB or 10Gbe SFP.
Maybe keep the RAID Adapters, or some of them, for a while.

The only thing what could be worth keeping it 'as is' is that all PCI can be used with a single CPU on the Tylesburg.
IMHO big advantage over the newer 2011 boards.

knaj

Nov 15, 2015
I put an offer for 1 SRX3200 at £250 they countered with 300, but now I se they've jacked up the listing price to £950. Insane..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk