Touring the PhoenixNAP Data Center

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Always enjoy tours, been on so many over the years.
208V is the only thing we offer these days as well it just makes no sense doing anything lower.
Love to hear more feedback on this video. It was actually a lot of fun to do.

Reactions: funkywizard

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Didn't expect you to turn up in town in summer. Toured PhoenixNAP when I was shopping for colo many years ago, but wound up with CyrusOne instead. Would be interesting if you ever get to see it due to the sheer size of it. Never been to a bigger facility myself.

Reactions: Patrick

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
One thing I find interesting with different data centers over the years is how some are more of the big huge data center halls and others have much smaller suites.
In New York we have smaller suites which I personally like more as it allows more control over each room, also a bit more privacy.
Seen some cages which are completely blocked off from being able to view inside of the cage space.

Personally I would pick PHX over LA if you didn't need the Asia connectivity from LA. Most data centers in LA are really bad other than a very select few.

Reactions: Patrick

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I watched the video and thought it was fantastic.

So I then thought the article would be something that just said "Yo watch the video" but it was good itself.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
The cages and general layout reminds me somewhat of Equinix NY4 DC. My current company colocated with Iron Mountain in Edison, purchased from IO Datacenters. Interestingly enough it is in the building converted from New York Times newspaper printing center. It's a bit over 830,000 square feet in a single building.

• Wow
Reactions: Patrick and T_Minus