So what hardware you have bought lately that was a SCORE!!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Ugh!!
I had to go thru this few weeks ago. Seller wouldn't respond at all. So had to wait till the estimated delivery window has passed and opened a refund request with eBay. Guess seller initially didn't respond to them either so they refunded me. Don't know what happened, seller contacted both eBay and me and ordered the item from Amazon Warehouse deals to be shipped directly to me. Almost 4 weeks after the auction ended and I paid originally.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Well they are cheap enough so its not a big deal to have to get a refund, just hoping I do not have to.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Got three 100G SR QSFP28 modules from fiberstore, only 269$ for each. Below $3/Gig.
Yeah that is cheap !!
40G has come down a lot and hopefully these compatible items will put some pressure for Cisco to drop 100G prices further.
40G meanwhile runs on regular fiber so makes sense for a lot of applications still.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
bought a bundle of
x10slm-f
E3-1231v3
32gb ECC 1600 RAM
1tb hgst hdd
3tb wd red pro
h310
Chassis, cooler + psu

for a total of 415 Euro

would have bet this would go up 700+ but placed a max of 450 Euro as it still was quite low before the auction ended.

this is currently my new Workstation, excl. the Raid i will use for a Storage Box to be built. installed osx sierra on a m500dc with little trouble after i disabled VGA and serial-ports in bios and added a low-power gfx card to drive my two NEC pa 271w ... really Good Bang for the buck, replaced an older w3670 based System for much lower powerdraw.

Reactions: Patrick

niekbergboer

Jun 21, 2016
Switzerland
Just got an X9SRA plus a E5-2603 (useless, but good enough to upgrade the BIOS for Ivy Bridge) and a nice Dynatron cooler+backplate for $265.

Not great, but actually not bad either.

Now waiting for a sub $200 E5-1650v2...

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I received my two E5-2620 V1 cpu's today, and they look great!!

One was $1.00 and the other was $2.25 plus shipping from California.

But on a sad note I filed a claim on ebay on my $12.50 E5-2650 V1 pair of cpu's.

Was supposed to receive them last Tuesday but have not seen them yet and zero response from the seller.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Still have not received the 2650's and still no tracking info or any reply from the seller.

Feedback went from $100 to %64 in a week. LOL

With a ton of complaints about not receiving items and replies from the seller stating the byers are not being patient.

Seller info shows New York location but at the bottom of the page it shows shipping "to the US takes 7-15 days" :/

So either its a scammer or they are not upfront on where they are or where it ships from.

So I might lose out, I might get my money back or I might get them in another week.

I already filed with ebay about not receiving them a couple of days ago so I'll see what happens.

Some of the replies are kind of odd, English is defiantly not his native language.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
yep, def. looks like a scammer shipping from China.

maybe before he shipped to his location in USA and then from there, and now to save $$ trying to do it from China and now seeing that's not workign!?

LoL either way he's done with that account ha

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Can't count my chicken yet since I have not received the MB yet. Think this is a pretty sweet deal if the MB doesn't have any issues. Won a starting bid of $80 for X10SRA-F looks new with some of the stuff not even opened. But listed for parts only as the seller could not test. Will know in a few days whether this a score or a bust. :)

Now I need to find a 2011-3 chip at a reasonable price to test this MB and the X10DRI-T4+ I got for $220 from liquid8.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Can't count my chicken yet since I have not received the MB yet. Think this is a pretty sweet deal if the MB doesn't have any issues. Won a starting bid of $80 for X10SRA-F looks new with some of the stuff not even opened. But listed for parts only as the seller could not test. Will know in a few days whether this a score or a bust. :)

Now I need to find a 2011-3 chip at a reasonable price to test this MB and the X10DRI-T4+ I got for $220 from liquid8.

I won a E5-2695 V2 listed as "as is can not test" for a great price. Too bad I did not win the other one listed. The seller had over 300 transactions and a %100 feedback.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I won a E5-2695 V2 listed as "as is can not test" for a great price. Too bad I did not win the other one listed. The seller had over 300 transactions and a %100 feedback.
I couldn't say that about this seller but I didn't ask for the socket condition/ pics either. They had multiple pics but none with socket cover open.
It took me a good couple of hours of careful adjustments to pins with a needle and magnifying glass. Booted up ok with E5-1620 v3. Need to run diags and burn-in before declaring success. Will be my foray into machine learning with this system.

SUPERMICRO X10SRA-O ATX Server Motherboard LGA 2011-3 Intel C612 - READ | eBay

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: T_Minus

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I just picked up 4 Supermicro SC512 chassis with PSU's for $140 delivered. They won't arrive until next week so I'll have to wait to see what condition they're in but the pics look good. I only needed one tho.

And a Supermicro 745TQ-R1200B for $120 delivered.
And one of my very best deals ever were 2 Lantronix Securelinx SLP-H8 switched PDU's. Got them for $30 delivered (That's $15 each). They shipped from Portland, Or. and I bet the shipping was more than 30 bucks, they're built like tanks and weigh a good bit.

Last edited: