Clear Cmos on s2600cp board

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
did you try to update the frusdr while updating your bios? if that was done correctly the status light should've changed to green. now if there are diagnostic amber led, then we will have to reference the table on page 203 of that manual you download. it is a little tricky. I haven't done that since I was lucky not to have to do it but we might have to get help around here too. you should not have to do a bios reset everytime like that

win10 installed without crashing is at least some progress. this thing did take me a while to get working so keep at it..

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
I don't remeber of I had updated the frusdr or no.
Can I flash the bios again to make sure of that?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
frusdr is one of the 4 components inside each update when you download from intel: bios, me, bmc, frusdr. look inside the zip. you can actually manually do each one by itself. startup.nsh does all 4.

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
I don't know how to flash the frusdr only
I remember that I make and error during updating, I set Yes for chassis fans 1 and 2 and I don't have chassis fans yet

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I don't know how to flash the frusdr only
I remember that I make and error during updating, I set Yes for chassis fans 1 and 2 and I don't have chassis fans yet
if the fan info is not correct then that is one reason why status led is amber flashing. still have flashing amber for the diagnostic led also?

look inside the zip. you will see there are individual .nsh files for each of the 4 components beside the startup.nsh

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
This is the motherboard when I turn the power on without resetting bios; there is no POST
I will reset the Cmos then post the video in the next reply

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
can't see the status led and the diagnostic leds too well from here.

Also you gonna turn both heatsink 90 degrees when the MB is inside an actual case so the direction of air will be going toward the back of th case i assume?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
the beeps are familiar. mine makes the same series of beeps. so after those beeps you don't see anything being posted on the monitor at all?

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
Yes the motherboard POST in this case (reset cmos and power on)
and the computer runs normally and I can work without problems but lights still like this in video and fans run at max speed

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
so it were able to boot up window and windows loaded up fine getting to desktop screen, but then if you go to restart windows, the computer were able to do graceful shutdown of windows and like power down for a brief second and power up again but then it doesn't do anything else like making that series of beeps or post bios or load up windows again and you have to do bios reset again?

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
I tried to get into BMC, when I turn on the mobo and no post, I go to Remote Control -> power on server
then the server is on! remotely

This is the log events and the place I hit to run the mobo when power on the psu and no POST

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Interesting... I ve not tried bmc to it yet...

So reset by bmc and it posts but reset directly and no post?

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
not reset, I clicked "Power on the server"
the reset in the pictures is selected by default

update: I'm so stupid, about no post after power on the PSU I remember that I don't have a power switch linked to my motherboard

I can now power the server from the BMC

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
But can you directly restart windows and it comes back on again into windows after the the restart?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Yes, when I restarted windows it comes back again to windows
Great! that's 95% work done. so just have to put it inside case and then redo the fdrusdr after connecting all your fans and hopefully the amber status light will be solid green.

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
This is the way to install fdrusdr?

Code:
=============================================================================
            INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
=============================================================================

1. Ensure BMC release 1.17 or later is pre-installed before attempting this
   FRU/SDR update.

2. Copy all of the files in the S2600CP_FRUSDR_111.zip archive to a USB key,
   hard disk drive or floppy drive.
   All of the files in this zip archive must reside in the same directory.

3. Boot to EFI and then run the following command to display the
   contents of the baseboard FRU device:

FRUSDR /d FRU

If device is empty(which is the case for all new FAB3 baseboards) or corrupted, then
   execute the following command to program the empty FRU device:

For Canoe Pass:
        FRUSDR /fru S2600CP.fru

4. Now execute the following command to bring up the main FRU/SDR load menu:

FRUSDR /cfg master.cfg

5. Select the option which is applicable to what you want to do. On a brand
   new baseboard I would highly recommend to run option 3 to program both
   the FRU and SDR. By reprogramming the FRU you will be given the option
   to input data from the keyboard into various chassis, board and product
   areas. Ensure that you select the correct chassis from the chassis
   selection menu otherwise your fan sensors will not be configured
   properly.

6. Once the package has finished its installation, I would highly recommend
   to DC power off the system and cycle AC power.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
or you could also just run frusdr.nsh (which is like a batch file). either way yes. make sure you reference the exact chassic fan plugs on the MB. any mistake and that light will still be amber. I choose medium fan ramp but you can choose fast or slow. hopefully the fans should be a lot quieter after this . if not you will have to hack the fan curve (several threads on that on this forum).

if you are able to successfully get into windows, restart and get back to windows, able to gracefully shutdown windows and computer turn off. and able to get into window from power button on, then that's pretty much it.

next thing is stability testing. with benchmark and stress programs

and getting sleep to work.

Last edited:

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
Yes; I can restart from windows and get into the Windows again like any normal computer, I also tried to shutdown from Windows and it works good.
I also changed bios to POST if I power on the PSU (I think this is named AC recovery or something like that).
I will try to run the.

I can't find the file on the internet (S2600CP_FRUSDR_111.zip), I just found the one contain all update