Fujitsu TX1320 M3 - Cheap low power server (barebone)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

yoggi

Dec 11, 2023
@yoggi Don't worry about it, it was just a stupid remark that at the mobo, the power connector starts as yellow black red black (typical SATA order), then turns into yellow black black red (Molex), and when you connect your molex to sata adapter, you're turning the already one swapped yellow black black red back into yellow black red black. The fact that Molex is just funny looking SATA Power may be one of my brightest discoveries to this date.

The Molex connector on the factory power cable will behave just as you expect. The colors-to-voltages mappings are as per convention. The order of cables at the Molex connector of the factory power cable is typical as well. Since you asked you'll have this back in your head anyway, so when you plug in the Molex to sata adapter into the factory power cable, just make sure that red goes to red, black goes to black and yellow goes to yellow (it will) :p
@camping8929 Thanks for the clarification.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Anyone ever found actual reasons for a flashing Global Error LED on boot?

Replaced CPU, it happens without memory as well, no IPMI, no boot no bios...
1704550352003.png

Box has been in storage for a year and wanted to bring it up now...

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So I replaced the mainboard, new one is fine.More expensive than my box was back in the day, but least original seller provided a refund so that offset the cost

Also just in case you didnt see, new Bios: V5.0.0.11 - R1.37.0 (16/11/2023)

ornello

Jan 13, 2024
Hello,
new TX1320 M3 owner here.

I added a second 8x2.5" backplane.
Disks are being detected in the correct slot but orange leds blink in reverse order when using 'locate' feature of the CP400i controller.

i.e. disk present in slot 7, led blinks in slot 4, disk in slot 6 led blinks in slot 5 etc

In the first backplane (slots 0-3) all is working correctly.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
If you mean me - no I have not since I didnt have 2 free M2 adapters at that point.

Also I have issues with the 2E4T when used in combination with another card in the other x8 slot, so at this point I am not sure how accurate this table actually is.

ornello

Jan 13, 2024
Hello,

Disks are being detected in the correct slot but orange leds blink in reverse order when using 'locate' feature of the CP400i controller.

i.e. disk present in slot 7, led blinks in slot 4, disk in slot 6 led blinks in slot 5 etc

What am I doing wrong?
update: if i reverse oob cable (BP1 and BP2) in the BP2 leds start blinking correctly and in BP1 in a reverse order.
With cable disconnected, in both backplanes leds blink in reverse order.

I replaced raid card, backplane and cables with no luck :(

Any help would be appreciated

ArturLorek

Apr 21, 2022
I only wanted to share my experience with E3 v5 - indeed this works fine.
Updated BIOS to the latest (1.37 as of writing this). Swapped Pentium G4560 or whatever it was for E3-1260L. 4 or 5 restarts later bang - CPU has been changed, go into BIOS, all features enabled, proper CPU recognition, Save, Exit, Boot Proxmox.....
All singing and dancing.

ornello

Jan 13, 2024
Hello,

No one with 8x2.5" disks to check that?

ArturLorek

Apr 21, 2022
I have 2 backplanes with 8 x2.5" but so far had the issue with not all drives blinking up on boot up. In my case pulling unlit / undetected drives out and putting back in resolved the issue but have not noticed the order in which the led identification goes. Funny enough - regardless of the drives not blinking on the boot up they are recognised in the OS just fine... Already replaced backplane and it changed nothing. I guess it may be the controller card. However changing its mode of operation between HBA and RAID also does nothing... For as long as it works, I'm not bothered.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Maybe some drives are set to not blink. Try sdparm --set=RLM /dev/sd[x-x]. All activity lights should be on. With ....--clear=RLM they are set to off. If you want to save the status add a --save after the --set/clear command. At least it's worth a try.

Reactions: ArturLorek

ornello

Jan 13, 2024
I flashed CP400i card to IT mode.
In the second backplane Amber leds continue to Blink in reverse order.
Tried with storcli and ledctl. With system powered down I see only the hdd 0-3 in sensors section of iRmc.
I throw in the towel... maybe there is another spare part or jumper settings.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I assume u checked in the UMM for correct cableing?

ornello

Jan 13, 2024
yes sure, cabling is correct.
Replaced OOB cable and backplane with parts took from another server but nothing has changed.
I hope to hear from someone that have 8x2.5" config.

ArturLorek

Apr 21, 2022
Maybe some drives are set to not blink. Try sdparm --set=RLM /dev/sd[x-x]. All activity lights should be on. With ....--clear=RLM they are set to off. If you want to save the status add a --save after the --set/clear command. At least it's worth a try.
That was it indeed. One learns something new everyday ;)
Thank you

Reactions: gb00s

ArturLorek

Apr 21, 2022
(...)
I have already shared that directly with ornello, but maybe this will help someone else, as the results of my short tests are in line with ornello's case and I say it then seems intentional.

My findings on Drive identification in BIOS via SAS Controller management section:

Drive 0:1:0 - blink 0:1:0
Drive 0:1:1 - blink 0:1:1
Drive 0:1:2 - blink 0:1:2
Drive 0:1:3 - blink 0:1:3
Drive 0:1:4 - blink 0:1:7
Drive 0:1:5 - blink 0:1:6
Drive 0:1:6 - blink 0:1:5
Drive 0:1:7 - blink 0:1:4

I find it odd though....

ornello

Jan 13, 2024
Problem was in the Chassis ID Eprom, a memory in the front panel where some data (like serial number, chassis type, backplane configuration) is stored.
I downloaded this tool and tried several configs - since TX1320 M3 was not yet supported. Maybe someone could find a newer version of that tool...
"TX1320 M2 4x2.5 + 2 x 2,5" was the config that did the trick for me.
Now I see 8 disks in iRMC and all the slots blink correctly.

@ArturLorek thank you for your helpful support!

Last edited: