ZFS Pool Test - Perl Script for automated testing of drives in ZFS pools)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I mentioed in one thread or another that I had a script to automated test ZFS pools.
Since @TrumanHW seemed to be interested and it seemed a waste to have it on my drives and nobody uses it I uploaded it to GitHub.

I probably need to do a lot of cleanup, starting with the GitHub Readme;)
GitHubs formattig makes it very hard to read, Users should at least be able to get an idea of the functionality

This thread is just for discussing it.

What does it do?
Basically it takes a bunch of disks provided to it and combines them into various pool layouts, creates datasets on the pool, runs dd or fio tests on them (potentially many many many tests due to fio blocksize, iops, qd, read, write, zfs blocksize, sync/async, compression permutations) and then destroys everything. Rinse and Repeat.

You get csv files and if you want ready made insert statements for pgsql or mysql (since those were used by tools I was looking at in https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-grafana-for-relational-data.36176/)

Last edited: