X9DRi-F Build Problems

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ZombifiedWolf

Jul 10, 2021
I am currently trying to get my motherboard (X9DRi-F) to POST. However it does not display any output. After a few seconds the speaker on the motherboard beeps. 3 short rapid beeps, pauses and then there is another beep. Is anyone able to help me with this?

My build is:
2* Intel Xeon E5-2670
X9DRi-F
Samsung 64GB (4x16) M393B2G70BH0-CK0 (DDR3-1600 Registered ECC)
SeaSonic FOCUS 650 W 80+ Gold

I have tried removing all sticks of ram, and the motherboard speaker beeps 5 short beeps and then 1 long beep (No memory detected in system error). I have removed one CPU and have attempted to boot with one CPU, and two sticks of RAM. But it still has the same problem, the speaker on the motherboard beeps 3 short rapid beeps, pauses and then there is another beep.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
It's telling you that you have a ram problem. Check that you don't have any bent pins in the CPU socket and that the CPU is both clean and well seated in it's socket. Clean the RAM slots as well. Try factory defaulting the BIOS, then booting with a single CPU and stick of known good RAM. Also make sure your power supply is good, I've seen some really strange behaviour over the years from Mainboards when the PSU is borderline :)

Reactions: ZombifiedWolf

ZombifiedWolf

Jul 10, 2021
that beep pattern does not necessarily indicate an issue. `JPG1` jumper set to 1-2 to enable onboard VGA? vKVM over IPMI?

The JPG1 jumper has been set to 1-2. I am going to boot with some spare DDR3 RAM that I had from my old pc and see if that changes anything.