X9DR7-LN4F --- BOOT Hang

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I have a handlful of SM X9DR7-LN4F I'm working updating BIOS so I can run v2 chips in, and figure out what my leftover parts are to sell.

I booted up X9DR7-LN4F with 2 E5-2620 v1s ran fine. Downloaded the latest BIOS (from 2013 on their site), read the instructions saying must have IPMI 2.0 >, check bios it says 3.2, so I continue with the BIOS update.

Boot into freedos, run the ami.bat to update bios, and it hangs at checking flash 22%.

I wait 10+ minutes to be 100% sure it's not slow, and really frozen.

Power off. Try to boot, black screen.

Power off. Reset BIOS via switch on mobo.

Power on.

Hangs at POST Screen & Post Code: 9A.

I've tried to reset BIOS a couple more times, power cycled it with cord off, etc... it will NOT go past 9A.

Anyone fix this or is this an RMA issue now? Ugh....

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Try this. Format a USB key for FAT16 or FAT32. Take your downloaded bios file and rename it to "SUPER.ROM" Note the all caps. Put the renamed file on the USB key, plug the USB key into the motherboard and power it on.

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Thanks Neo! I got basically a more complex but same answer from SM, just gotta wrap testing this other one I Jumped to now and jump back.

Reactions: neo