X12SPL-F IPMI hangs after login (was: AOC-SLG4-2E4T not working)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hi,

got that board and have some trouble with it working with a pair of AOC-SLG4-2E4T's I have.
The AOC's manual said to set some Bios options I didnt have so I went along and updated the Bios and the BMC FW.

I still don't have the Bios option but in addition to that I now have a problem with IPMI. I had removed all the "Preserve" options to give it a fresh start (since it was not configured much anyway).
I have since reflashed from efi, but no change

It gets an IP, I can login and get greeted with this screen which never changes:
1711979285249.png

Has anyone encountered this before? O/c I rebooted,. reloaded, cleared cache etc...

I will drop an Email to SM support since I need to ask about the AOC anyway, but maybe someone here has encountered this?

Thanks

Edit - ok, the Power consumption chart changes, but the jumping balls/dots (whatever its supposed to be) and the blockage of the page never gets resolved.
Edit 2 - IPMI is mostly working fine when I simply remove the blockUI class via Javscript Tools. But going back to Dashboard restores it and I have not found a way to really get rid of it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Lol, right as always. It works fine in IE, didnt in FF/Chrome.

O/c it worked before in FF, so whatever they changed with the new FW seems to get blocked.

So now I only need to get these unruly AOCs to work. :/

Edit:
Exactly this problem here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/ryzen-am5-boards-with-ipmi.37662/post-379421

I dropped them an email.

Rant:
With all the traction SM gained recently it seems their main attraction to the enthusiast market (flexibility) is getting thrown out of the window. Previously it didnt matter if they tested a combination of their stuff, it usually worked (with some exceptions). Now I feel if they don't say it works there is a good chance it won't

Last edited: