X10SLH-LN6TF no boot: 2 Short Beeps Repeating

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Google search tells me "Parity Circuit Failure" but not much else other than that its probably the Motherboard, Memory, Memory Controller on the CPU, or power to any of them. Which means...almost anything I guess other than drives? :oops:

What's happening: New build. When I plug it in, there's 2 short beeps repeating every 4 seconds. All LEDs & fans come on momentarily then go dark/stop. BMC and Sleep state LEDs stay on. BMC solid, Sleep starts red then goes green. Cycle repeats.

Have tried:
  • verified no rogue/missing standoffs
  • rechecked all jumpers to ensure ME recovery, Manuf Mode, etc are on pins 1-2 (Normal).
  • Swapped CPUs (E3-1220 & 1231 v3)
  • Swapped RAM (ECC UDIMMs) from 3 different known good sets/manufacturers, both one stick at a time and in pairs,
  • Swapped power supplies (920SQ in CSE-826), and power cable to wall. Chassis works fine with a different board.
Not sure if there's anything else to try before I say, "Its dead, Jim"?

Edit: Just in case the issue was low hanging metal bit dragging on an unused standoff lug in the case, I tried the motherboard outside the chassis with an ATX power supply. There's no beeping, but when power is applied, the fans spin for a second, the system stops for 4, and it repeats. I can hear the relay in the power supply going on and off, and the Sleep Indicator LED changes from red to green to red. I'm assuming the BMC is set to a static address outside my network's range because its not coming up where I can see it.

Last edited: