WTB Replacement HDD Trays 3.5"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Zombielinux

Jun 14, 2019
I've got an unknown 2u chassis that can handle 6 SAS drives. It came without any markings whatsoever or any indication of manufacturer.

Through a stroke of luck, I've found the part number for the trays H182DC0660-PD0030.

They're out of stock everywhere except obvious scam sites. Does anyone have an interchange? Or even better, some of these lying around?

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/...-caddy_1_9d7bedffe0e7a9f922f0179ab7439896.jpg

Reactions: Samir

muhfugen

Dec 5, 2016
And a search on that part number shows they're made by Chieftec. Good luck finding replacements, you might be better off getting a SuperMicro chassis.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Reactions: SRussell

Zombielinux

Jun 14, 2019
Wow, you all are incredible. I was worried about potentially finding a supermicro chassis instead. I'll see how much the replacement sleds are. Thanks for everyones input!

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
You are the black belt of Google Foo!
I try. :)
Wow, you all are incredible. I was worried about potentially finding a supermicro chassis instead. I'll see how much the replacement sleds are. Thanks for everyones input!
I think you'll be able to get the caddies pretty reasonably if that's all you want since the drives can be just sold by themselves. :) Let us know how it goes!

Zombielinux

Jun 14, 2019
Well that didn't go as expected. Both sellers said no on selling just the caddy. And at the prices they're asking, I'd be better off getting a whole new enclosure.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Well that didn't go as expected. Both sellers said no on selling just the caddy. And at the prices they're asking, I'd be better off getting a whole new enclosure.
That's terrible. :( I'd call back after a week or so and hopefully you get someone else who's a bit more reasonable. Otherwise, just wait. They'll sit on the stock until they need space and will let it go for pennies on the dollar.