AU [WTB or T] ICX-7150-C10ZP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TonyArrr

Sep 22, 2021
Straylia
TLDR: Looking for a way to get multigigbit with PoE to my WAP, but preferring not to increase the number of devices that need a power point at my desk. Already using ICX 7xxx for all the rest of my network so generally prefer to stick with them if I can

Long version
Currently running my desk's networking through a ICX-7150-24. It's uplink is a fibre to my 7250-24P. The desk is also the best spot in my apartment to distribute a wifi signal around the place*, and so I have a RJ45 link making the same journey so the WAP can be powered over here now.

I'm now using much less than 10 ports at my desk than when I got the 7150, by consolidating a batch of SBCs into VMs and Containers on a single larger host, so thinking if I could downsize the switch under my desk, and get something PoE, then I can turn off PoE on the 7250 in the cupboard and save some heat (the cabinet has a temp sensor that logs for me, and before I got the PoE WAP, the cabinet ran about 5 degrees lower. Not a big deal, but any is better right?)
I was going to get another 7150-C12P, but discovered that they actually do have a multigig supporting model in the same form factor.
Only problem is I can only find it selling first hand, over 3k plus usually ridiculous shipping to AU

So looking to buy for up to $750AUD, condition depending. Or trade plus cash, if you're looking for more ports without fans and don't need PoE and multigig.

My 7150-24 seems to have originally been bought as a spare, as when I got it, it was in the original box, Ruckus packing tape intact, and couldn't find a mark on it. It's had a lazy life with me for the last 9 months, not really being pushed for anything, and only being moved once while I've had it. Still even got the box for shipping safely.

I'm open to suggestions of alternate switches that are similar as well. I do make use of VLANs but all my layer 3 switching and ACLs happen at the 7250. Close as possible to FastIron style management would be best for me :p

*one wall in the middle of the place has all the power cabling fanning out through it and it, and the wall opposite has the washer dryer vertically stacked on one side. Network rack is parallel with them, but the desk is side on to that location. When you mix in the huge amount of competing networks from neighbours, there is a very measurable and tangible performance difference :eek: