what should i do with GA-D510UD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

waspsoton

Feb 26, 2016
I have the above board with a atom d510. and i was wondering if i should use it for something. was thinking maybe pi-hole or running docker on it. i hate seen hardware sat doing nothing.

any ideas on if its even worth it or to just bit bin

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
At this point, there's not really a whole lot you can do with a consumer D510 board. I still run one of the Supermicro ones as a firewall in a datacenter with a 100mbit connection, but it has two NICs and IPMI.

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
It can run Xpenology DSM 6.1 or even 6.2, so you will have the best NAS software, and if you max the memory to 4GB you can use DSM docker GUI to easy run several docker images with pi-hole, nextcloud, wireguard etc.
It is pretty much a Raspberry PI 4 but with all the x86 compatibility and SATA ports. You won't be able run VMs without VT-x, but it is too slow for it anyway. You can use pretty much weakest PicoPSU to power it (65W). Get smallest possible ITX case that can handle two drives and a fan, and put it in the closet. It will work for another decade.

Last edited: