What do I need? Wireless and Wired

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

macrules34

Mar 18, 2016
I have some Ethernet only devices (don’t have onboard wireless or slots to add one) in one room and the wireless router is in another room.

I want to connect the two together so I was thinking about getting a wireless bridge. But I can’t seem to find one that has Ethernet ports (was thinking of having 4).
Any suggestions on what I should be looking to purchase?

nexox

May 3, 2023
5 and 8 port 1G switches are awfully cheap these days, you'll get a lot more options for the wifi bridge if you can live with just one network port. I personally use an EnGenius ENS500-AC for this, it works well once you get it configured, but the web interface is not great, even on the latest firmware.

Tech Junky

Oct 26, 2023
Get an AP and plug into the spare port w/ a switch. Then connect the AP to the WIFI network.

nexox

May 3, 2023
How do you connect an Access Point to a wireless network?
Some APs support bridge mode, though many of those will only connect a single wired device. It's best to carefully check documentation or contact the manufacturer before purchasing an AP for this purpose.