weird m1015 and intel res2sv240 issue

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
try to change to other PCI express slot.
I know some motherboards are cheating on supplying juice to pcie-express 3.3V due on cost reduction :D. where most pci-express graphics card should get external power directly from PSU
SM is not in the list :D.
or make sure to use power from molex for powering your intel expander

if not solving, on linux, try to run MegaCli (need to install) to query expander to find faulty errors.
sg_ses can query expander status and pulling info including errors.

jbates58

Oct 18, 2013
iam powering them through the molex, as the board im currentlyusing only has 1 pcie slot. (its a 775 and its the only one i can use to flash the m1015. the 1366 wont recognise them to flash them. but they do work in the os. and what commands would i need to use in megacli? i will give it a go.

on another note, and im hoping that its not the issue, but thses are the sas cables im using

Dell W49P5 6" / 15cm mini SAS SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 Cable Assembly

could the pin outs be different? i searched for these cables, as the shortest i could find online elsewhere, was around .5m and that was to long for my needs, so i chose these for their short length. asn i dont have any other sas cables to test it with either. but could they be a propriatary type pinout?

Jason