VMUG EvalExperience VSAN AFA licensing

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

miraculix

Mar 6, 2015
Anyone out there successfully using the vSphere VSAN AFA license from the VMUG EvalExperience program for testing?

I'm experiencing an issue where the AFA license generated via EvalExperience shows up as the standard (hybrid SSD/HDD) version when added to vCenter. VMUG has been working the issue for 6 weeks now(!) They mention it's a problem across the board with AFA licensing, and not just mine... but I don't see this coming up in various forum searches, so am curious to see if anyone else is seeing the same.

Emulsifide

Dec 1, 2014
Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. Email the Brad Tompkins (first initial, last name AT vmug DOT com) who is the CEO of VMUG and explain the program in as much detail as possible. CC in advantage AT vmug DOT com as well.

When they had the licensing screwed up for number of CPUs with VSAN and vSphere 6.0, Brad made sure they fixed it and emailed me back within a couple of days.

Reactions: miraculix

miraculix

Mar 6, 2015
No permanent fix yet.

EDIT @T_Minus although I'm still waiting on my existing EvalExperience VSAN AFA subscription to be sorted out, new subscriptions may be fine . If you're currently just considering taking the VMUG licensing route for VSAN AFA, send an email to advantage@vmug.com to confirm no issue.

Last edited: