VMs inaccessible by hostname after doing changes to network

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Octopuss

Jun 30, 2019
Czech republic
Fixed.
These two settings weren't checked for whatever reason (I do remember having them enabled in past; I guess I forgot about them when I was installing pfSense onto the new box).
1708066464402.png

Reactions: louie1961

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So DHCP not updating DNS after all.
The lower one is the actual culprit in your case (since you dont do DHCP leases, only static mappings).

Glad you got it working

louie1961

May 15, 2023
Fixed.
These two settings weren't checked for whatever reason (I do remember having them enabled in past; I guess I forgot about them when I was installing pfSense onto the new box).
View attachment 34642
Where did you find those settings in pfSense? I wanted to check how mine is configured and for the life of me I can't seem to find those settings anywhere. Thanks.

SnJ9MX

Jul 18, 2019
Where did you find those settings in pfSense? I wanted to check how mine is configured and for the life of me I can't seem to find those settings anywhere. Thanks.
Services -> DNS Resolver -> most of the way to the bottom. Believe DNS forwarder has same options

louie1961

May 15, 2023
Interesting. I am using pfSense plus with Kea DHCP enabled. I don't see those options. I wonder if it is because of pfSense plus or if it is because of Kea DHCP

Octopuss

Jun 30, 2019
Czech republic
I certainly feel like an idiot, but at least everything is working, and technically speaking I didn't mess anything up :D

Interesting. I am using pfSense plus with Kea DHCP enabled. I don't see those options. I wonder if it is because of pfSense plus or if it is because of Kea DHCP
That's because Kea is feature incomplete, as I was told over at Netgate forums.
I really think they shouldn't display the deprecation message just yet, it gives people false idea they are safe to make the switch.