USB 10 Gbps -> USB3 "Hub"?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Here's a shot in the dark... My thunderbolt 4 dock for my Thinkpad has several USB-A "10 Gbps" ports, as well as USB-C ports. My TR2 and Epyc systems also have USB 10G ports (but no Thunderbolt-any-version).

Does anyone make a switch to go from 10 Gbps USB-A, to multiple USB3? Like a break-out switch thing?

I am aware that a single USB3 is around 5 Gbps, so really only two could be used. However, most of devices are USB2 - which is limited to far less bandwidth. Maybe even something to accepts multiple USB 10G.

Ultimately, my goal is to setup an USB-A (or C) switcher for my desktop and laptop, and switch all devices between them (about 7 devices total).

I did this before with a regular USB-A hub and a single USB-3 switching for an inexpensive StarTech switcher. However, I'm looking for more bandwidth as I did experience a few issues with actual USB-3 devices and their bandwidth.

Last edited: