Tyan S5512WGM2NR can’t use Hitachi’s DFT?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lippy

Jun 29, 2011
Midwest
I’m building…

Tyan S5512WGM2NR inside a Norco 4220. And I thought that I would test the drives with Hitachi’s Drive Fitness Test (DFT) before use (7K500-250 2.5†for the O.S.). I’m individually plugging them into a SATA port on the board and trying to run DFT. But DFT does not see the drive. MB BIOS does see the drive. From Hitachi’s User’s Guide:

From release 3.50, DFT supports Hitachi Serial-ATA drives when these drives are attached to:
>Motherboards and Plug-in PCI controllers, which utilizes the Highpoint HPT374 and 372A (with Marvel bridge chip) chipsets, Silicon Image SIL3112A and 0680 chipset and Intel ICH5 chipset.

Configurations NOT supported:
>Drives attached using ATA RAID controllers where direct access to the attached devices is blocked by the controller also not supported are Multi-Channel SCSI RAID controllers.
>Serial-ATA controllers based on the Silicon Image Promise and Intel chipsets are not currently supported.
I’m just questioning to make sure I’m not missing anything here.

Thanks.