TP-link TL-SG3210XHP-M2 switch - 2 x SFP+, 8 x 2.5G PoE+ L2+ switch - $337

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
This is another review video for this switch; the guy shows you how loud it is with default fans and how silent it is if you swap with noctua $20 fans:

It's actually so much better, the one thing I don't like is that after reading many more reviews online about this brand their hardware is very unreliable and die quickly. A blogger even said his pair of these both failed within 8 months - so FYI.

Reactions: Samir

bilson

Oct 5, 2016
Prices are still up there for 2.5gb. I will wait until I can get a decen switch for $50. It will happen eventually...

btbutts101

Feb 23, 2023
Tennessee, USA
How does this compare to Netgear MS510TX?
My MS510TXPP, which is the PoE version of the MS510TX but otherwise the same switch, has been absolute garbage in the long run. I'll start out by saying that functionally, the MS510TX worked fine. It had all the features I wanted, SFP+ uplink, 2.5GbE, L3 managed, and 802.3at. When it worked, it worked well!

The issue is reliability! I've had Netgear replace it four times in two years. It does have a lifetime warranty but every 4 to 8 months, it would just quit and go into a reboot loop. Factory resetting it wouldn't correct the problem either. I'm convinced here's some kind of major hardware issue with that switch line since I went through four replacements so quickly! Therefore, IMBO, pretty much anything with the same features (less the 5Gb ports) is an improvement. I just bought the TP-Link because of all the hassle and I'm tired of doing warranty claims. Also, I'm sure Netgear won't honor the lifetime warranty forever anyways. Once they EoL the product, it's over soon after that. Buy the TP-Link!

btbutts101

Feb 23, 2023
Tennessee, USA
Spec-wise, I'm not sure it's all that comparable. Half the ports on the MS510TX are 1Gig only, where as all the ports on the TP-Link are 2.5G. That said, there are no 5G ports on the TPlink and the 10G ports are SFP+ only. I am using a 10G RJ45 SFP w/out issue though.

I don't have personal experience w/ the Netgear, but performance w/ the TP-Link is decent and I'd rather have more 2.5G ports.

Hopefully we'll see more (affordable) multi-gig switches soon. Especially ones w/ more ports ;)
The TP-Link definitely has more 2.5Gb ports but the Netgear has a few 5Gb ports. For home / small office applications, I think they are very comparable. You'll typically only need a couple ports for Access Points, one or two 10Gb uplinks (10GbE X2 LAG), a few low-throughput devices that will work well on 1Gb such as IoT bridges, AppleTVs (Living Room or Conference Room), etc... and perhaps a 5Gb port or two for a higher-end PC. I think both of these switches are well suited for the same use cases, making them practically comparable.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Also, I'm sure Netgear won't honor the lifetime warranty forever anyways. Once they EoL the product, it's over soon after that.
I've always failed to see how that's a lifetime warranty in the traditional sense since it's basically a 'warranty until we don't want to warranty it any more'.

Reactions: ribroc

AlexGee

Aug 3, 2022
I have the TP-Link (with Noctua Mod) since quite a while now and I‘m happy with the switch.
Omada Software is nice too and APs are good.

in the process to add an 8port SFP+ switch for aggregation

If someone needs more ports: new TP-Link models announced

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
I've always failed to see how that's a lifetime warranty in the traditional sense since it's basically a 'warranty until we don't want to warranty it any more'.
The weasel-word is "limited". The last Netgear, Ruckus & Aruba hardware I bought all had the same limitations: only the original buyer can claim on the warranty, and only until 5 years after the hardware is end-of-sale.