EU to be deleted

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

I_D

Aug 3, 2017
@ mods: turns out this is not such a great deal after all
please delete this thread.

Last edited:

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Doesn't seem all that great, it's quite an old platform, board, CPUs and RAM seem tossworthy, but I suppose it may be usable if you can swap the board with something newer (though I have no idea if that is even possible/worthwhile).

I_D

Aug 3, 2017
still, at the price...
got any better deals, post em, would love to see em!

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
still, at the price...
got any better deals, post em, would love to see em!
Again it is not really great deals, as it seems to be just about the going rate for a while now, but Bargain Hardware has some pretty inexpensive HP g6 servers that are quite comparable to the one you posted (little better on some parameters and a little worse on others):
HP Proliant DL180 / DL160 G6 2x Quad Core Xeon 8GB RAM P410 Storage Rack Server | eBay
HP Proliant DL180 / DL160 G6 Server 2x Quad Core Xeon E5620 16GB RAM P410 RAID | eBay

A while back this deal thread was posted (sold out now of course), at 150£ per node (without CPU and RAM though) I think it is quite comparable, though that is a newer generation with better hardware.