SX6036 password forgotten, can flash OS help?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Meng Wang

Dec 19, 2018
I lost the password of SX6036 switch. Trying to factory reset by pushing the reset button but no luck. The switch just rebooted without resetting password. Can it help by flashing MLNX-OS? It's ok to lost all configurations. Since it's a managed switch, I am not sure MFT can flash OS for it. Any suggest is appreciate. Thanks.

Freebsd1976

Feb 23, 2018
I lost the password of SX6036 switch. Trying to factory reset by pushing the reset button but no luck. The switch just rebooted without resetting password. Can it help by flashing MLNX-OS? It's ok to lost all configurations. Since it's a managed switch, I am not sure MFT can flash OS for it. Any suggest is appreciate. Thanks.
connect console cable ,then push and hold reset btn minutes not seconds,watch console output ,it will show password cleaned if you hold reset btn long enough

Meng Wang

Dec 19, 2018
connect console cable ,then push and hold reset btn minutes not seconds,watch console output ,it will show password cleaned if you hold reset btn long enough
Thanks! I hold 10min and finally got the password reset. It does need long holding.;)