Surprising ebay experience

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I ended up trying to purchase a Lenovo Yoga 900 16GB/ 512GB on ebay. The experience was less than excellent. The seller provided USPS tracking but it said "Acceptance" at the post office for Priority Mail but did not show any more scans and never arrived.

I opened a case an 24 hours later I got a full refund plus shipping.

The seller who had over 1100 positive feedback offered to give me a discount for purchasing offline. I ended up buying through ebay. Now I am very happy I did.

Reactions: T_Minus

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Yep, eBay is the Las Vegas of the Internet. Yous pays yo nickle and yous takes yo chance.

TechIsCool

Feb 8, 2012
Clinton, WA
techiscool.com
I learned this as a child about 13 years old and I wanted a newer cell phone but was not willing to pay the cost. I low bid and did not win but the seller me on ebay with a offer to good to resist. Parents said it was my money and I paid outside of ebay. Never got anything. Still used paypal but we all know how that works. I guess looking back it was about 350$ and a really good life lesson. Still it sucked.