Supermicro X9DRi-F GPU?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mantis

Nov 17, 2017
A bit late to ask this, but does this mobo support GPU cards? Bought it to do some mining, but now i'm wondering can i even put GPU cards in it? Does it support GPU cards... seems some server board do not support them even if they have x16 PCI-E slots.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
Not tried it personally on that board but no reason it shouldn't work that I can think of, just may need to tweak the BIOS to use the ipmi on-board video for ipmi and not try the external GPU card(s). Once booted linux should have no problem finding the GPU's to mine on.

If you have a lot of cards to plug in to one board that might be something deeper to tweak in the BIOS to have it play nice.

mantis

Nov 17, 2017
I was panicking too early it seem, i installed win10 without any problems. I was just reading some threads about similar boards that did not support GPU:s.

Though i still have not tested to actually output an image from the GPU, just remote desktoping and testing some mining. But this thing will most likely end up being my desktop machine. Its sweeet.