SUPERMICRO X10SRH-CLN4F - CPU FAN?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Kryten73

Sep 2, 2021
Hi All,

Feels like a silly question, just bought the above board and a CPU fan (CoolMaster Hyper H410R) which says it’s socket 2011 compatible but it doesn’t line up with the holes (tried all the supplied mountain brackets).

Just wondered if anyone knows if not all 2011 socket fans are the same spec/size? Or could anyone recommend a FAN that would fit pls - looking for an active one.

Thx

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Socket 2011 comes in 2 mounting versions, square and narrow. On the consumer side (which Cooler Master is), square was the norm, while on the server side, narrow was far more common to save space. The board you have uses the narrow mounting, so you will need to find a heatsink compatible with that. I know that Noctua supports it off the top of my head.

Reactions: Brian Puccio

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I know that Noctua supports it off the top of my head.
You can check which Noctua Coolers support the Narrow ILM socket here:

Socket Compatibility Overview | Noctua Compatibility Centre

The ones with a Green Check Mark come complete with what you need in the box. Blue arrows indicate they will work, but you have to order a mounting bracket (free when you get it direct from Noctua) separately.

I've been using a NH-U9DX I4 in my desktop for a couple years now and have been very satisfied.

Reactions: Kryten73

Kryten73

Sep 2, 2021
You can check which Noctua Coolers support the Narrow ILM socket here:

Socket Compatibility Overview | Noctua Compatibility Centre

The ones with a Green Check Mark come complete with what you need in the box. Blue arrows indicate they will work, but you have to order a mounting bracket (free when you get it direct from Noctua) separately.

I've been using a NH-U9DX I4 in my desktop for a couple years now and have been very satisfied.
Thanks very useful - i have ordered a Noctua NH-U12DX i4 which supports the narrow ILM.