SuperMicro SC101F - I/O Shield Options?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
The correct part number is MCP-260-10107-0B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
The correct part number is MCP-260-10107-0B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The first link part # I find. The second part # you gave I don't find on SuperMicro's website.

EDIT: Nvmd I see it on the part list for the chassis. I just hope that it looks like the link you send where the holes have to be manually opened by me so I can only open 2.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
What's wrong with the standard one with that chassis (MCP-260-10107-0B)? It looks to support the port layout of the motherboard you linked, you just wouldn't punch out the ports you're not using.

Edit: Guessing it might not come with an IO plate. If that's the case it doesn't seem easy to find, so try Supermicro's RMA team. They tend to be cheaper than resellers anyways.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
What's wrong with the standard one with that chassis (MCP-260-10107-0B)? It looks to support the port layout of the motherboard you linked, you just wouldn't punch out the ports you're not using.
Nothing is wrong with it. I just didn't know whether they come shipped with the holes punched out already or not. I don't want empty spaces there where I have no NICs.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
All of the 1U style I've had do not come pre punched. That way they can keep the number of SKUs down.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Quick question @IamSpartacus . Did you buy the SC101F chassis separately or as a Sc200 super server barebones? If you got it separately, did it come with a power supply?

I am in need of a portable system and I already have a couple of Xeon D mini itx boards. I ordered a SC101F chassis last night but I don't think it comes with a power supply or a dc-dc converter. I'm trying to figure out what else I need to order to get the system running.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Quick question @IamSpartacus . Did you buy the SC101F chassis separately or as a Sc200 super server barebones? If you got it separately, did it come with a power supply?

I am in need of a portable system and I already have a couple of Xeon D mini itx boards. I ordered a SC101F chassis last night but I don't think it comes with a power supply or a dc-dc converter. I'm trying to figure out what else I need to order to get the system running.
I never actually bought this chassis @K D . I posted this while deciding between this chassis and the E300.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
The SC101F looks to not come with a power supply. If you look at the page on Supermicro's site the power supply are on the optional parts list. The pages for the servers using this chassis have the power supply in the included parts list. Also looking at Wiredzone their listing for just the chassis clarifies that there is no power supply.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
The SM page says
Optional 60W/84W, DC-DC Power Adapter or DC/DC Power converter board
I am unable to find the part number for the DC/DC power converter board.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
If you look at the complete server systems there are only 3 parts:

-Motherboard
-SC101F Chassis
-Power Supply (photos show this is just the power brick)

If you find some good photos of the interior of a complete system you can see there is just some basic cabling from the external jack to the 12V connector for the motherboard. If you're just looking to get a system going from 120V power you should just need the chassis and power brick. You can always verify with Supermicro or a reseller and I'm sure they'll get it sorted. In the end I think it's just some poor wording on SM's part.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
If you look at the complete server systems there are only 3 parts:

-Motherboard
-SC101F Chassis
-Power Supply (photos show this is just the power brick)

If you find some good photos of the interior of a complete system you can see there is just some basic cabling from the external jack to the 12V connector for the motherboard. If you're just looking to get a system going from 120V power you should just need the chassis and power brick. You can always verify with Supermicro or a reseller and I'm sure they'll get it sorted. In the end I think it's just some poor wording on SM's part.
That's what I figured as well. But wanted to validate it. I'm in a bit of a time crunch and wanted to have everything lined up. The chassis is being drop shipped from Supermicro and I hope to get it by next Wednesday. I have ordered the power supply and should get it over the weekend. I will need to get this ready by Thursday. I'm travelling on Friday and want to take the completed box with me. That's why I was trying to line up all parts before then.

I do have a backup plan(a skull Canyon nuc) in the event that the chassis doesn't get to me on time.